MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/24/2010 04:37 PM

Bisexual pre-teen

ocdchild
ocdchildPosts: 89

Hello, everyone. I am a 6th grade student with a secret: I'm bi. Well, actually, sorta. I don't know how to explain it.

I have a boyfriend, and I fear that if I tell him I'm bi, he might break up with me.

Now, let me tell you about my bisexuality. I'm attracted to both male and female rockstars (usually blonds and redheads), and also blonds and redheads at school. When I see a blond or redheaded man or woman, I find myself falling in love with them, too! I'm almost 12, and I find this kind of creepy!

Any tips on coming out? I am just scared outta my mind! Blink

05/25/2010 07:32 AM
venusenvynyc
venusenvynyc  

Celebrity crushes were definitely one of the clues I had that I might not be straight. You sound like you're still figuring out who you're attracted to. That's ok; you don't have to have a complete answer right now. I know it's hard, but try to just see who you're attracted to without judging yourself for it. It's ok to like boys and girls, and it's ok to like blonds and redheads.

And that rush of attraction you're feeling? That's also normal. Most people refer to them as crushes, but they can feel a lot like love at first. You may feel less nervous about them if you consider them "falling in like." Love takes a little bit longer to develop.

As far as coming out...

If you come out to your boyfriend and he dumps you, I know it will hurt but I can absolutely promise you'll find someone better who appreciates you for the person you are. But he may surprise you by being accepting. Have you talked with him about bisexual people "in general" to see what his take on the subject is when it's not about you personally? That might be a good starting point to see how he's likely to react.

Some people will surprise you with how accepting they are. Some people may react poorly at first, but given a little time will come around and accept you. Some will probably react poorly period. The people who can't accept and love you for who you are aren't worth the time. There's nothing wrong with you; they're the ones with the problem.

10/20/2010 06:40 PM
Foreverandalways9510

Hi!

Okayy,im 12. I just started 7th grade. I have been attracted to girls since i was 5. So i know wat u r going thru. I was always afraid of coming out,i was acidently outed in the fifth grade when me and my girlfriend were cought writing notes in the middle of class. Girl,since then i have met 9 bisexual kids all close to my age.

post edited by venus

i hope iv helped!Smile

Post edited by: venusenvynyc, at: 11/08/2010 04:15 PM

11/14/2010 11:49 AM
jgarcia

hi hello how are you well tips to coming out are to tell your bestfriend first if u already havent... only the person that you can trust and that wont really over react... i had this same problem... i eventuall y told friends and little by little i felt bettter bout myself... since then i've meet a lot of new fun people and hopefully u will too Tongue

06/16/2011 09:15 AM
LostDoll
LostDoll  

I would agree with jgarcia. The easiest way to start is with friends as they are often the most understanding (especially if they are close to your age).

Also if they are good friends then their acceptance of you can help a lot and you will eventually find it easier to talk to others with a little support behind you Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved