MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/05/2010 10:26 PM

Protein Shake

JoeMiller

Here's a recipe I found for a protein shake I actually like so thought I'd post (it was a bugger finding some of these ingredients though). From what I understand this is supposed to be 'liver healthy' but those of you who will know better than I, please correct me if I'm mistaken:

150ml rice milk

100ml water

1/2 cup mixed frozen raspberries and blueberries

2 teaspoons lecithin

1 tablespoon of mixed Linseed, Sunflower seeds, ground Almonds

1 tablespoon coconut oil

Blend all ingredients together and drink. If mixture is too thick add more water or rice milk.

08/08/2010 04:57 PM
bjlvls
bjlvls  

Thank you Joe Miller!

11/03/2010 05:49 PM
TzuWho
TzuWhoPosts: 124

Hey Joe did you find a nutrition count on this recipe?

11/03/2010 08:34 PM
bjlvls
bjlvls  

I had to use my judgement, and given my dietary issues, it's a no for me. It's about the carbs and the recipe looks to have nearly 1/2 to 3/4 of my daily allotment. (60 to 75) There are many who aren't diabetic though, and have trouble keeping their weight up. I looked up the rice milk, and one cup has about 2 g of fat and is low in sugar. It has about 85 mg of sodium and no cholesterol. Then you have your mixed seeds/nuts and fruit. Carbo-overload! Sure sounds good though!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved