MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/25/2012 01:40 PM

Back at Hopkins

Bassplayer73

Hello friends....it seems to be a monthly thing with me to end up in the John Hopkins ICU and thus here I am AGAIN. I started feeling sick 2 nights ago with severe hot and cold flashes....then came the vomiting and bowel movements. Thanks to my son (because I was literally too weak to get out of bed) he told my ex wife (my caregiver) that I was burning up. She took my tempature and it was an astounding 103.7 which naturally worried the both of us. She called up my brother in law and told me to go to ER and thank GOD she did!! I still maintained my almost 104 temperature and found out later that I had septic shock. The only option was to stick a central line in my jugular vein to get my blood pressure up because it hovered around 78-82 over 60. Finally I got the situation stablized and was moved to a more "less risk" wing. Throughout the night I battled a fever and I eventually sweated it out. BUT i also found out i gained 16 pounds in ONE DAY from fluid retention. When my ex wife came to see me today she greeted me with even more bad news....that my chances for pancreatic cancer are MUCH higher now, both sides of my colon are thickened immensely and that my kidneys may now be infected. I really dont know how much more I can take!!! The doctors and nurses are feeding me tidbits of information but for some reason I dont think they are telling me the whole truth. So pray for me friends....pray for me miracles can happen and that this disease can be defeated....I just want to live for my son!

05/25/2012 02:30 PM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I certainly hope you feel better soon.

Sending Prayers your way

05/25/2012 03:58 PM
prayer
prayer  

Sad Praying for you, so thankful you have loving people that were there for you!

05/25/2012 04:21 PM
MommaMac
MommaMac  

Prays for your healing.

05/25/2012 05:59 PM
sadlystillsane
sadlystillsane  

Thinking of you, hoping things are improving for you!

05/25/2012 09:29 PM
hepatomegaly
hepatomegaly  

Hi, since I didn't get to see your first posts and there's nothing in your profile, I wondered how old your son is? Praying for this situation.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved