Ask a Question
05/14/2012 09:16 AM

pain

lucyinthesky

Does anyone else have chronic pain? Sad

05/14/2012 11:00 AM
iwiham1027
iwiham1027  

Lucy I suffer from chronic pain too, not only upper abdominal pain but osteoarthritis, and fibro as well. Hope you find relief. Take care.

05/14/2012 11:07 AM
1polarbear
1polarbear  

I have chronic joint pain and stiffness, kinda goes with the territory of an autoimmune disease like I have. I have back pain from a compression fracture in my spine which I find relief from with heat and stretching. What kind of pain are you suffering with? I've only had one bad bout of upper right abdominal pain and it was constant for about a week and then went away, they couldn't find anything other than inflammation of my liver.

05/14/2012 12:46 PM
MommaMac
MommaMac  

My husband has chronic back pain. In fact, it was an ER visit to find out what was wrong with his back in which he got the cirrhosis diagnosis. He's on Fentanyl patch at present without much success. Waiting for an appointment with an orthopedist for hopeful relief.

05/14/2012 03:07 PM
lucyinthesky

I'm trying to figure out if it is related to my liver? I just seen my liver dr. Friday and he put me back on hydromorphone and amitriptyline. It's on my right side by my liver and I was wondering if anyone else get's chronic pain because of the cirrhosis?

05/14/2012 03:10 PM
lucyinthesky

I know my pain is from my liver. But my liver dr. disagree's. It's constant pain on my right side by the liver. I just can't take it anymore. I want to know if anyone else suffers from the same thing because of the cirrhosis?

05/14/2012 03:14 PM
lucyinthesky

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I've been on the fentanyl patch also and I found it helpful. I'm now on hydromorphone and amitriptyline. I'm so sick of the pain. I don't know if it's common with cirrhosis because my dr. doesn't think so. It drives me crazy!

05/14/2012 08:03 PM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

The type of pain you describe is common for many liver patients especially those with any inflammation. Such as those with Alcoholic Hepatitis, Fatty Liver disease (alcoholic and Non alcoholic)

Simply put The liver itself has No pain nerves but the lining around it has plenty. If the Liver is in flamed it puts pressure on this lining and the surrounding organs and tissue.

I've always described it as feeling like my rib was boring a hole through my liver.

squirrel new100810

Post edited by: mpmom, at: 05/14/2012 08:04 PM

05/14/2012 08:48 PM
tabbtech
tabbtech  

I was trying to think of the perfect description, thanks Gail, and with the enlarged spleen the same on the other side.

Paul

05/14/2012 10:42 PM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Exactly right Paul When I lay down I lay on one side until I can't stand it then I turn over and do the same. Thanks to the Ascites I can't breath if I lay on my back. Is it any wonder we have sleep problems.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved