MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/26/2012 07:09 PM

To all caregivers

mikealpha1
mikealpha1  
Group Leader

Just so you know, no matter how we fuss, storm, distance ourselves, lash out, complain, or whatever... Know this - we love you, we can't get along without you, we need you, when it is all over we will come back to you better than ever. We don't want to be the way we are, in some ways we are not there. Don't give up.

04/26/2012 07:15 PM
sammy566
sammy566  

Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04/26/2012 07:37 PM
SebringLady

Thank you! I needed to hear that. I am having a rough time right now. Dealing with HIS depression and my own can be too much to handle at times. Sometimes I just can't breath. So, your words of encouragement and gratitude means a lot.

04/26/2012 08:29 PM
zjs1995
zjs1995  

Angry I can sooo relate a month ago my husband was sooo swollen that he weighed 238 pounds!!! Now he is 170- 165 pounds with no muscle tone I cant feel his arms around me and Im sad and I miss him because I feel like Im seeing a zombie now. If I get told one more time its the disease I will scream because I know this and this is SAD to endure alone!!! My husband is jaundiced, sad, frustrated, confused, and I just take it one day at a time because thats all I can do. Not to mention not sleeping and itching that I feel sooo helpless that no lotion or back scratcher can help!!! He just watches tv in a daze and doesnt say much and as a caregiver I feel life is at a stand still because I dont know from one day to the next. Hugsssss to all that endure this sad disease!!!!

04/27/2012 03:19 AM
prayer
prayer  

Well said Mike!

04/27/2012 05:57 AM
tykegirl

my thoughts and prayers are with you both it must be so hard for both of you,liver disease is a horrible and sometimes confusing illness love tykegirl

04/27/2012 07:17 AM
tabbtech
tabbtech  

That is so true Mike, I try to keep that in mind every day now while I am still doing well. I know that there may come a time when I'm not able to do my own laundry anymore.

My wife has taken care of me for over forty years, and now with her having back and sciatica problems I have to take care of her sometimes. We are such a pair, with all my Cirrhosis medication and her meds. we have more pills than a pharmacy.

zjs1995: I can imagine the pain of hearing that. It's not as though you hadn't noticed that or that you hadn't cried your eyes out over it. This decease is so cruel to everyone, not just the person who has it.

Peace and Joy to All

Paul

04/27/2012 08:12 AM
MommaMac
MommaMac  

Thanks, Mike. We need to hear it from someone; even if our loved one cannot say it.

04/27/2012 09:26 AM
kimmerz
kimmerz  

AMEN Mike!!!! I know I am putting my son thru &*(( but I am very thankful that he is here helping I wouldn't know what to do if it wasn't for him I love my son to death. SO yeah we cannot do this without the help of our caregivers...

Hope everyone is doing well

Kim

04/27/2012 01:22 PM
kware

It is a privilege to be the one to take care of your loved one. It's hard and frustrating, but it is a privilege. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! My hubby may drive me crazy sometimes, but I try to just smile and give him a hard time back. That's what we do, I guess you could say it is our love language, aggravating each other Smile

Post edited by: kware, at: 04/27/2012 01:24 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved