MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/23/2012 01:19 PM

back in hospital

Weenell
WeenellPosts: 40

Hi

not been on for a while, i've been off in London doing the London Marathon. Got home this afternoon to a missed call from my mum. Dad is in hospital, he thought he had another chest infection - which he gets quite often - so they were just going to see the GP to get antibiotics. BUT it wasn't his usual GP so a locum DR, said his heart was irregular so he's been sent to hospital for an ECG and chest xray.

We think she's being over cautious because she doesn't know my dad's history and is only going by the notes that she can read. But then on the other hand it could be his potassium levels as that can send the heart into irregular rhythm.

Still waiting to hear the test results, its another waiting game

04/24/2012 02:47 PM
Weenell
WeenellPosts: 40

Just another chest infection, phew, nothing major to worry about for now

04/24/2012 03:19 PM
ruth8890
ruth8890  

Thinking of you Weenell - glad to hear the good news that it's nothing major. Better to be safe and go to the Doc! Hugs, Ru

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved