MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/01/2012 10:52 PM

Have a question about meds i am taking?

kimmerz
kimmerz  

the hep doctor just put me on more meds and I have one doctor that says I have to stop taking my lasix it is called cyclosporine and she still has me on the predisone 10 mg and the azathioprine 150mg..but I was reading that the cyclosporine was the medicine that you take after you have a transplant...i was just wandering if the cirrhosis has gotten worse and that is the reason for putting me on it...

Just wanted to know if anyone has taken all of those at the same time...and I thought that the lasix was for to help get rid of the fluid..she has me confused now lol

Kim

03/02/2012 04:27 AM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Kim,

"Cyclosporine" is commonly given to patients with Autoimmune Hepatitis. Because it does reduce the immune system hopefully preventing (or at least slowing down) further damage.

There can be a drug interaction with lasix and cyclosporin.

http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/cyclosporine-with- lasix-763-0-1146-676.html

Post edited by: mpmom, at: 03/02/2012 04:27 AM

03/02/2012 11:39 AM
kimmerz
kimmerz  

ty for the information Smile it was helpful

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved