MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/28/2012 07:44 AM

liver pain(page 2)

1polarbear
1polarbear  

Hi all, thanks for your positive energy and support! The did an US and didn't find any gallstones or kidney stones so that's a good thing. There are noticeable cirrhotic changes in my liver in the US though and the last 3 I've had showed the liver as 'unremarkable' so something is going on now that the disease can be seen. I went to the ER at the hospital where the transplant center is and my Hepa was able to read the US and lab work right away on the computer (amazing technology!) She said she was comfortable with me going home as long as I called this morning for a follow up, which I will do when they open. She also prescribed Oxycodone (8 little pills) in case I wanted to take something. I did take one last night because by the time I drove home (in the rain/snow) got my med and fed the animals, my pain was a 10. It minimized the pain but didn't take it away completely but it did take away the headache, pain from my scoliosis and frozen shoulder so I was good! haha. I still have pain today and I will take one pill here at work and then it will be worn off by the time I drive home. She feels it is the cirrhosis causing the pain.

02/28/2012 11:54 AM
mikealpha1
mikealpha1  
Group Leader

I'm so glad you were able to go to the ER at the transplant center, it makes coordination SO much easier. Always loved it when the docs had the results by the time I walked over to their office. Glad the oxycodone helped some, and waiting to hear about the follow up.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved