MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/15/2012 10:56 AM

Chronic fungal infection(s)(page 2)

sadlystillsane
sadlystillsane  

Hmmm

I have itchy bumps on several places including my female parts...I thought they were more xanathomas like on my eyes but reading this thread I am wondering if they are fungul. I've never had that problem but will mention it to doc on the 23rd. They are annoying and bumpy and itchy. Is itchy a sign of fungul?

02/15/2012 12:26 PM
1polarbear
1polarbear  

I've got bumps all over my torso, thought it was a rash but my PCP told me it's 'the bile itch'. Because there is too much bile it erupts under my skin? He told me not to call it a rash but to call it the 'itch'. Ok, whatever, it does itch!

02/15/2012 12:53 PM
iwiham1027
iwiham1027  

I also have fungus under my toe nails on both feet and also on one hand. Also get those itchy bumps on the skin and for other mucousal area's they have problems too. I was diagnosed with Autoimmune lichen planus its all a part of liver disease. I would definately seek out a good dermatologist and have a biopsy done very easy and that would give you a good diagnosis and help with treatment. I have tried the prednisone creams they don't work for me however the oral prednisone does so I do take it in low doses.

Hope you feel better soon.

02/15/2012 02:38 PM
IronCelt

When I had erythema nodosum on my legs and hips, it didn't itch. The bumps were about an inch or two across and at least three-quarters inch high. It felt like I'd been beaten with a hammer and looked like I'd been stung by giant bees. I don't *think" I've had the bile itch recently, but who knows? My liver enzymes were stable for eight years but just recently started a big upward trajectory.

04/01/2012 12:11 PM
horselady

Garlic is an antifungal and anitbacterial....I use this because I don't want to further damage my liver. An integrative medicine doctor would know how to help you naturally...perhaps they could work with your GI/Hepatologist! My fungal infection is systemic and I have to be very careful what I eat as sugar (anything with sugar in it or grains, pasta, fruit) will cause it to grow.

04/01/2012 12:29 PM
IronCelt

Horselady, do you mean garlic tablets? The liver clinic seems to frown on "naturals" and it's nearly impossible to get them even to issue orders for bloodwork or scan reports much less deign to work with homeopaths. I'll have to keep the glycemic diet in mind when my fungus starts to get *really* funky with me.

04/01/2012 03:01 PM
sammy566
sammy566  

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Why the smiles?

I thought I was the only one!!!!

Woo Hooo I'm not the only having funky problems!!!

I've been looking for an aswer too.

As soon as I find one I'll share.

I don't know why I am so happy that my body is not the only one turning into a mess at times.

Good luck.

Sammy

04/01/2012 03:24 PM
sadlystillsane
sadlystillsane  

@Sammy:

LOL too funny....I get exactly what you mean. Gave me a good smile for today Smile

04/02/2012 03:51 PM
ruth8890
ruth8890  

Just an FYI - at my LT Evaluation the Hep Doc said I should see a podiatrist (even though it's fingernail fungus effecting 2 nails) and have them cut them down and clean them with whatever magis they clean them with and not to take ANY anti-Funaglas orally. I don't think she meant garlic pills - more the Rx's. I thought Podiatrists only worked on feet??? Ru

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved