MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/01/2012 06:38 PM

New here!(page 3)

ruth8890
ruth8890  

Hello SKRD1965 - I just wanted to say from me, please don't ever feel the need to apolgize here, I assume others agree?? I'm scared too and I'm new to the site (less than a month?) and I would NEVER intentionally hurt anyone and I'm not selfish either but I often feel I might be when I ask people for advice that might only be relavant to me. I just know that being new to this site sometimes it's hard for me to know if I'm out of line and I hope someone will tell me if I am so I can correct it for the future. Smile Ru

02/01/2012 11:58 PM
SKRD1965
SKRD1965  

Thank you. My tears flow like a river at this point, I shall get a grip and be strong once again. I am just going to read the posts and try to learn and perhaps heal. The emotinial roller coaster is not much fun...I know you all agree. Big HUGS xoxoxox

02/02/2012 10:32 PM
SKRD1965
SKRD1965  

my blood work: Protien 7.0 Albium 4.3 Total Bilirubin 0.5 Direst Bilirubin 0.1 Alkaline Phosphatase 46 SGOT (AST) 15 SGPT (ALT) 17 my ulta sound results: Lover:Normal sonographic appearance. Gallbladder:Normal Common duct: Within noraml limits PancreasTongueartailly obscured by bowel gas. Visualized portions are unremarkable. Spleen:No splenomegaly. Peritoneum:No free fliud identified in upper abdomen Left Kidney: normal Right Kidney: Normal Vascular: Visualized aorta and IVC are unremarkable. Sending me to a GI.to get scoped, I am so confused!

02/03/2012 04:23 AM
mikealpha1
mikealpha1  
Group Leader

Wow, I we all wish we could get reports. Sounds like a normal liver. Although tests are not always the final say, if I were the docs I'd be looking at other causes of high ammonia.

02/03/2012 07:04 AM
MoonWatcher
MoonWatcherPosts: 736

That's really great news SKRD1965...

Looks like you may be alive and kickin' for a few more decades after all!

Wish my labs looked like that.

02/03/2012 08:24 AM
SKRD1965
SKRD1965  

Thank you so much Mike and MW... I will feel better after I see the GI, I will continue to follow the posts. I am thinking about you all and I shall be praying. xoxoxox

02/05/2012 08:33 PM
SKRD1965
SKRD1965  

I was just wondering how you all found out that you had Cirrhosis, was it via blood work, or biopsy? Also any feed backs on holistic health. Has anyone done any research on Resveratrol?

02/06/2012 03:23 AM
sadlystillsane
sadlystillsane  

Excellent news SKRD. I wish I had those kind of labs and findings!! Smile

I first found out and was diagnosed with blood work and physical exam and then a biopsy confirmed staging of my illness.

As for holistic health I don't take any herbs as I am unsure what is safe and what isn't. Also I am unsure how well regulated some supplements are so I stick with eating healthy and avoiding (most of the time) red meat, anything white or processed or fried. I take multi vitimans but do not do herbal products other than organic green tea.

02/06/2012 08:28 AM
1polarbear
1polarbear  

very good labs! I found out via abnormal labs, MRI, biopsy...in that order. I don't do holistic either, same reasons as SSS but I do use essential oils for some things. I use one for sleep, on for pain, and a couple different ones for cleansing the body.

02/06/2012 10:22 AM
mikealpha1
mikealpha1  
Group Leader

Ultrasound first showed cirrhosis, followed by biopsy. I had abnormal labs for 15 years with early biopsies only showing fibrosis.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved