MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/05/2011 08:57 AM

Cirrhosis doesnt necessarily make you look sick...

wdstkdrgnfly
wdstkdrgnfly  

Im grade 3 stage 4, but was only diagnosed 6 years ago. The Hep C virus cleared after a year of Interferon TX (got it from a blood transfusion in 1978), but by then it had already destroyed my liver. My point is this....although I am much thinner than I used to be, I really dont look sick. My grown kids I guess since I dont look sick they dont really think I am. So when I tell them I dont feel like babysitting the grand-kids, they get irritated with me. Any thoughts on this? Its bad when you dont feel good, but even worse when people are mad at you because of it.Unsure

11/05/2011 09:08 AM
kacc
kacc  

It is hard to not see that the disease has affected you on the inside. People only see the outside.

Tell your kids that although you love the visits, you are not physically able to babysit. They can hire a babysitter. They'll get over it so don't worry about it. I never asked my parents to babysit. And when my kids were little both sets of grandparents lived less than 5 miles away. Hugs!

11/05/2011 03:35 PM
wdstkdrgnfly
wdstkdrgnfly  

thanks

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved