MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/25/2011 02:50 PM

I waited too long to leave...

amdavis1126
amdavis1126  

Well I haven't been on line in a while. The rollercoaster ride finally hit the all time low last night. Husb had not drank in 12 days and on the lucky 13th day, he drank whiskey. He did not appear to be drunk, was walking and talking normally. He wanted me to take him to the bar to get ONE mixed drink. When I refused and refused him the car keys, he said you better take off your glasses if you don't want them broken, I'm going to hit you. He has said this before and always bluffed. As soon as I put my hand down from removing my glasses I was blasted with his fist into my right eye and right side of my nose. It blinded me for probably 15 - 20 seconds. My nose began bleeding profusely. All I could do was scream Oh My God, over and over. I ran to the bedroom to get my cell phone. He followed pushing me and trying to take the phone. I was able to keep it away from him. I called our oldest son who lives close by. He was there in less than 5 minutes. When Husb. knew I had completed a call - not knowing who to, he stayed away from me. I was able to escape without further harm. After over 32 years of marriage I never dreamed he would actually ever slug me like he did. Along with his fist, reality hit me square in the face and I have the black eye and numb nose to prove it. I will begin a new chapter in my life, some 4 weeks from turning 50 years old. I have an appt with a lawyer in a couple of days. I did the best I could to remain by his side and support him thru his illness. I thought I could see it thru to the end but I was wrong. He made this difficult decision a little easier. He was sober when he hit me with what felt like all his might. I have NEVER been hit like that before in my life. He said he was glad he did it and then blamed me for "making" him hit me. I know I am not to blame. I shall begin a new chapter of my life - devoted to me for a while. Please keep me in your prayers I am really going to need them for a while to get thru this.

10/25/2011 05:07 PM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Angie,

Dear Lord I am so sorry. You have certainly stood by him longer than most would.

My heart breaks for what you have been through. Thank God your son was near by.

The most important thing is to protect yourself. You have done all you could do.Being a punching bag is NOT part of caregiving.

I have no doubt in your ability to start a new life. Please know you are loved and we are all praying for you.

imagesqtbnANd9GcSzL6aIRTTnqelkCLM4E

Post edited by: mpmom, at: 10/25/2011 05:08 PM

10/25/2011 08:55 PM
tabbtech
tabbtech  

Angie: I was heartbroken to read your post. This is so terrible for your whole family.

I really don't know what to what to say but I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Peace and Joy

Paul

10/26/2011 06:59 PM
bjlvls
bjlvls  

Dear Sweet Angie. I know your heart is broken, but thankfully that's all. I'm so glad to hear that you are safe. I know how hard you have tried to make this work, suffering through more heartache than you have ever let on, but know that I'm thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. To be finally healthy and happy at this time of your life is such a sweet victory. Hugs, Bobbi

10/27/2011 10:45 AM
iwiham1027
iwiham1027  

Dear Angie so sorry to hear what you are going threw been there done that more than once I shall pray for you that things go well and that you are always safe... Its not your fault remember that. If you need to talk I am usually on. God Bless! Cheryl

10/27/2011 04:24 PM
amdavis1126
amdavis1126  

Thanks everyone for the kind words and prayers. I believe we have come to an agreement and things will end smoothly. Amazingly we both feel as though a huge weight has been lifted from our shoulders. I know we will still have our ups and downs thru the divorce process (and beyond), but so far we are able to work thru the issues. We do have the mutual love for our kids and grandkids that will always tie us together.

10/30/2011 04:36 PM
sadlystillsane
sadlystillsane  

Bravo for you!

Illnes is not an excuse for abuse and so glad you have taken the steps NOW before you are further hurt. We are always here.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved