MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/30/2011 11:54 AM

My new doctor-wonderful

TzuWho2
TzuWho2  

I took charge of my cirrhosis and saw a gastroenterologist today that specializes in cirrhosis. I was concerned that I would be able to hear him distinctly as he is Indian. NO PROBLEMS! Not only could I hear him but he talked to me for almost a half-hour! He was very surprised that my hepatologist never told me what caused it, what my meld score was, and hadn't referred me to the Transplant center in Tampa for full evaluation. I told him that all he wanted me to do was lose weight and rapidly would be ok. Anyway he immediately took me off the Mobic (an NSAID) and why. He scheduled me for blood work and an ultrasound of both my liver and kidneys. Depending on those results he may also refer me for a MRI and/or CT Scan. He also said that even if I didn't want a transplant that he may send me to Tampa for further testing. Wow, what a change. He really listened to my concerns and addressed others that I did not ask. Not bad on the eye either (hey eye candy is good for the soul) Now I feel I finally have found a doctor that cares and has good patient manners.

Kissing

Post edited by: TzuWho2, at: 09/30/2011 11:56 AM

09/30/2011 01:01 PM
mikealpha1
mikealpha1  
Group Leader

Bonnie, the things your new gastro was surprised at I am too. I guess I just assumed that since you've been on the site since before I was that you knew the cause and your MELD. Maybe that's the advantage of him being "just" a gastro. He knows he doesn't know it all so he'll refer you to a place better equipped for dealing with the situation, if need be. Sounds Good!

09/30/2011 01:33 PM
dachsiefan
dachsiefan  

Glad you like your new doc. Trust between the patient and doc is extremely important. Looks like he wants to find out why you have Cirrhosis and how severe it is.

10/01/2011 09:02 PM
prayer
prayer  

so glad you are taking control, knowledge is power!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved