MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/08/2011 11:28 AM

Slightly Elevated Bilirubin Count

pretzelz

Hello all, I am new to this site, but was wondering about my last bilirubin count. It was 2.0 and as I understand it, normal level is 1.1. I developed liver hep last year and I stopped drinking alcohol for a year. My test 6 months ago was 1.6, but I have had social drinks 7 times in the previous 6 months and it is now 2.0. I guess my question is 2.0 from 1.6 a monumental leap or just a slight indication of alcohol consumed. There are so many conflicting reports out there, and I am trying to garner information myself, as I don't have medical insurance.

09/08/2011 11:37 AM
mikealpha1
mikealpha1  
Group Leader

A monumental leap would be when I went from around to to about 13 or 15. That was not until the last stages before my transplant.

09/08/2011 02:03 PM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

pretzelz,

The continued consumption of alcohol certainly could be a main part of the elevation.

After you have a diagnosis of Liver damage You should have No alcohol of any kind ever. "Sorry" But once there is damage to the liver the alcohol can cause damage rapidly increasing your bilirubin in the process.

09/08/2011 03:42 PM
bjlvls
bjlvls  

Welcome pretzels! Glad you joined us. Be sure to check out mpmom's website at:

http://www.livingwithcirrhosis.weebly.com

Also, take a few minutes to read through the questions and answers in the FAQ section of this site. You can get there by clicking on FAQ at the bottom of the page.

So glad to have you! Bobbi

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved