Ask a Question
07/09/2011 06:24 AM

Happy Anniversary

mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Dennis,

What a inspiration you are to all of us.

Happy Anniversary my friend.

07/09/2011 09:05 AM
mikealpha1
mikealpha1  
Group Leader

How many years now?

07/09/2011 03:45 PM
TamieJP
TamieJPPosts: 2320

bump up

07/09/2011 04:05 PM
dmanflan
dmanflan  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

It was 3 years ago today! Thank you all for your support (and good wishesSmile too!!!). I still cannot fully believe that I was fortunate enough to actually get a transplant, that I am alive and very healthy or that I can ever thank my donor's family enough!

I just spent the whole day being educated by my local OPO to be an official promoter of the need for organ/tissue donors to register. I go back in September for "speaker's training". I've been pushing for almost all of the 3 years since transplant to get my official "name tag" so as to go out and raise the awareness for registered donors! I also received a LOT of written material on transplantation that I have permission to share on the web. I hope to post some articles on the organ-transplants group and a certain "absolutely marvelous" and informative web site! Wink

Don't worry, I will still have the time be here on the cirrhosis group as long as you all will have me!

Dennis

07/09/2011 05:28 PM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Dennis,

You and Mike are our inspiration.

First of course you'll always be welcome here.

Even if you grow horns and turn green

Congrats on being Official That really is a big deal. I'm very happy for you.

07/09/2011 06:06 PM
TzuWho2
TzuWho2  

Congratulations Dennis, your doctor did a great job and you even more!! A total success story and even better that you are paying it forward!

Hugs

Bonnie

07/09/2011 08:49 PM
mikealpha1
mikealpha1  
Group Leader

I just know that at three years I'll still have sore cheeks at night from going to sleep with a smile on my face. May you continue to have the glorious essence of the universe well up within you.

07/10/2011 12:06 PM
sadlystillsane
sadlystillsane  

Happy Anniversary Dennis!

You truly are inspiration for those of us still waiting......

And Mike I bet your cheeks are always sore from smiling these days ....

Smile

07/10/2011 12:38 PM
Capedrifter

Dennis & Mike, your transplant success is evidence to anyone that can read that people terribly ill should never give up hope or lose the will to fight. I would imagine that you don't only smile more but sleep better too. Sore cheeks all around. What a wonderful price to pay. Congratulations to you both. Thanks for all the help and advice over the past year. J

07/11/2011 05:43 AM
letsdance

Congratulations Dennis! I'm going to ditto what Cape said. You and Mike really are a beacon for all to hang on to!

Hugs,

Meg

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved