MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/07/2011 03:42 AM

My husband is gone

Arod54
Arod54  

Dear md family,

Last night I lost my husband of 23 years. He had a porthole hypertension aneurism his vein just blow out and although he had surgery to stop the bleeding immediately because he was already in the hospital from and abdominal aortic aneurism that had happened two days prior he did not survive. I think he knew he was going to die we were lucky I was there in the hospital when it happened and we did get to say goodbye. He was dx in May of 2007 with this terrible illness and probably lived longer than most people thought. But I thank God he was never bedridden and the day he got sick he played with our 5 year old grandson who was his best buddy on the beach most of the day. Our memories together are happy ones. I'm glad it was quick and as painless as possible. He was my best friend and I loved him with all my heart and I will miss his everyday of my life. But I am still so very angry at him for leaving me so soon. And for getting this terrible illness from drinking beer. Now what will I do without him?Sad

07/07/2011 04:47 AM
TamieJP
TamieJPPosts: 2411

((((Hugs))))

07/07/2011 07:29 AM
sadlystillsane
sadlystillsane  

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I don't know what you will do without him, but in time you will find a way to go forward. Please know you are in my thoughts.

07/07/2011 08:12 AM
iwiham1027
iwiham1027  

Arod I will keep you in my prayers and am so sorry for your loss.

07/07/2011 08:21 AM
Capedrifter

Arod, my sincere condolences. I lost my wife June 13, she had been sick for four years, bleeds are what finally ended her life. "Now what will I ever do...." I understand totally. Our beloved home has become a house not unlike the feeling I'd have at a highway motel. Time is a powerful healer. The question is how much time? Each of us is different. You, and I, will eventually heal. Like you, I come back to the junction because of what all the participants on the CSG board did to advise and help me over the past year. My best wishes for your future happiness. J

07/07/2011 08:33 AM
cocoa2010

I am so very sad and sorry to hear this news, I just don't have any more words right now

07/07/2011 09:17 AM
TzuWho2
TzuWho2  

My most sincere sympathies. Focus on the wonderful memories you have, not his illness.

God bless you

Bonnie

07/07/2011 09:53 AM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Alicia,

I can't express how sorry I am.

I know how hard you fought to help Mike.

Please know I am here if you ever need me.

You and your family remain in my prayers.

Gentle Hugs

Gail

07/07/2011 06:54 PM
tonypogi2000

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

07/07/2011 08:09 PM
GORGEOUSME

MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY GOES OUT TO YOU AROD,,HUGS,MARY

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved