MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/03/2011 09:11 AM

Cirrhosis and Lymph Node enlargement

sadlystillsane
sadlystillsane  

Continuing on from my thread the other day asking for some input, does anyone know the clinical significance of having enlarged lymph nodes; particularly the porta hepatis and celiac axis lymph nodes in/around the liver? I have a 2.1 cm porta hepatis node enlargement and slightly smaller celiac axis node enlargement. I do have pain and night sweats, but no fever or vomiting. My doctor was unclear as the whether this is not serious or if it is malignant. She is waiting for the hepatologis 6 hours from here to look at the CT scans. The original question was a percieved mass on my 9th rib as the cause of the pain, which continues to be dull aching in right side, right ribs and right back. Not sure if others have been told they have these enlarged lymph nodes as part of the liver disease or if this is something more serious? Input please! All this is starting to freak me out. I am very scared I have developed liver cancer.

06/03/2011 10:16 AM
dachsiefan
dachsiefan  

I had a slightly enlarged pelvic lymph node last summer show up on a cat scan. Since then, they have been scanning me thru ct or MRI every 3 months. My lymph node has been stable in size since then. My doctors freaked out when a lesion on my liver grew significantly from June to September, but was still under 2cm which seems to be a benchmark for them. I had ct scans of my abdomen, pelvis, and thorax and a nuclear bone scan of my entire body to rule out cancer. Since then, my lesion on the liver has reduced in size. Go figure? They also did an alphafetaprotein blood test which can indicate cancer rumors, and my results were normal.

Hope I have been of some help to you.

SusieSmile

06/03/2011 11:55 AM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Of course you're scared. Who wouldn't be. But it does sound like your Dr is doing everything possible to check this out.

I do know several people with enlarged lymph nodes. Several in this group.

Hang in there and please keep us informed.

06/03/2011 03:21 PM
iwiham1027
iwiham1027  

I also have episodes of enlarged lymph nodes in many places then they seem to go away and come back in other area's it is very strange to me. It is the same way with cysts they come and go and no one has ever told me why. Hoping this is nothing serious, and that they go away. Generally they do a nuclear bone scan for enlarged nodes they are questioning. Wishing you the best of luck and will be praying for you to have a good result.

06/05/2011 06:02 PM
sadlystillsane
sadlystillsane  

Thanks again all,

What would we all do without each other? What a wonderful place to be able to come to. I could not do this without all of you.

Waiting now to hear from the hepatologist once he has the films from the CT scan and the x ray. My family doc thinks it will be an MRI and maybe another biopsy. She remains concerned as do I, but I have every faith in my hepatologist so I will be content with whatever he says, I beleive he will know what if anything needs to be done. Still sore, still scared, still so glad I can come here.

06/05/2011 07:59 PM
Capedrifter

Triple S, I too will hold out hope you get the news your are hoping for. Best wishes, J

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved