MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/30/2011 02:06 AM

How is everyone:)

kimmerz
kimmerz  

Hi all Smile

How is everyone? Sorry I have been off and on.just got out of the hospital again man I am so tired of seeing hospitals it is UNREAL Sad I have been in the hospital 4 times in 2 months....ugg ima not likin it lol

But anyways enough on that how is everyon's weekend going.. here well we had a tornado here today it hit our town but not alot of damage here but alot of power lines and trees down in the next town there were some roofs taken off and alot of trees down there as well. they said the wind got to 60 mile hr it only lasted about 5 mins but felt like 2 hrs :| tomorrow they said it was supposed to get in the 90's ugg dont want that either then we cant breathe good .....

well have a great night all and a blessed holiday

Kim[img]

Post edited by: kimmerz, at: 05/30/2011 02:08 AM

05/30/2011 02:15 AM
abhome3
abhome3Posts: 139

Sweet, cute kitty! Smile

Amy

05/30/2011 06:10 AM
mikealpha1
mikealpha1  
Group Leader

Bad weather near my folks in Michigan, too. Glad to hear you are ok. Definitely know what you mean about hospitals! It feels like this is my first holiday weekend in years!

05/30/2011 06:28 AM
TamieJP
TamieJPPosts: 2324

Our immediate area was worse hit with the storm. The professionals have yet to decide if it was a tornado or straight winds. The damage looks as if it was straight winds... very little twisting of the debris. Few injuries and no deaths reported.

My adult daughter has a missing dog that probably got off his 'zip line' due to the thunder that was ahead of the storm. Please pray that he is found soon.

05/30/2011 08:08 AM
TzuWho2
TzuWho2  

Tamie I will say extra prayers for the dogs safe return. My dogs are sending their prayers too.

05/30/2011 08:39 AM
iwiham1027
iwiham1027  

Michigan has suffered the least amount of tornado damage however the flooding in some area's are severe lots of homes on lake front area's are flooded out up to the roof tops and will have to be replaced. We had a tornado warning yesterday for over an hour and a half we had no tornado but the county next to us had a E-1 with minimal damage. A few other counties had tornado's as well but damage is minimal. Our state has been very fortunate considering some of the Southern area's have lost many. Our weather however is unusually hot today, 3 days ago we had the heat on this is not good promotes more storms.

05/30/2011 08:55 AM
Capedrifter

The NE has also been fortunate, these tornados and floods have caused so much heartbreak this year. Good to hear Kim & Tamie are safe. Kim, seems you are matching the hospital schedule of Momma Cape. It sure gets to be a "drain" - pun intended. I just always keep hoping for the best.... Bring us the good news if the dog is found. J

05/30/2011 09:07 AM
TamieJP
TamieJPPosts: 2324

Daughter just called. She's heading out to put posters out.

05/30/2011 10:45 AM
dmanflan
dmanflan  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

We've been fortunate in SE Wisconsin as well tho there have been several tornadoes in northern cheese land. My heart goes out to all the people in the south that have had a very rough year so far! I know so many of our members are scattered in the states worst affected. I watch the storm reports and hope you are all safe!!!

Dennis

PS Today it feels like we fast-forwarded to August from early March! In the upper 80s and humid. Potential for severe weather is very high!

Post edited by: dmanflan, at: 05/30/2011 10:48 AM

05/30/2011 05:47 PM
dawnrharv
dawnrharv  

I'm in Kansas... we actually had a tornado hit our town last week... just down and back up,.. so not alot of damage, just tree damage and a few buildings that were damaged... there was a guy driving his pickup and pulling a trailer.. it sucked him right up in the air and jossled him around a bit, then face planted him right back down... wearing a seatbelt and had no injuries. The State Patrol was right there and saw the whole thing.. I guess it was pretty amazing. Praying for all those who are still recovering from damage, injury and loss... It was warm here today, but for some reason I can't get warmed up.. I keep going to sit on the back patio in the sun, with my quilted flannel (read: favorite old torn up raggedy) shirt. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved