MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/03/2011 09:40 AM

Update on my mom =(

cassideca
cassideca  

JUST AN update on My Mom-

I havent been here in a while, things have been rough.

THINGS ARE NOT GOOD- MY MOM IS IN ICU ON A VENT. We have been here for 3 days now, Her sats kept going down, the ended up going from bipap to intubation.

The icu dr is having a pulm are doing a bronch today to find out what is causing the increaSING CONSOLIDATIONS IN HER LUNGS. Dr things might be the sepsis she had settled in lungs.

Last Fri, they finally did a liver biopsy, after 1 month of being in here. Gi dr is not at all competent. it showed alcoholic liver, a type of megafat cell infiltration, mod to severe infiltrations.

IT has been a very rough few days, they took her to surgery to take her gall bladder out, surgeon said gallbaldder wasnt too sick, its her liver that is causing the trouble, said its the sickest liver that he has seen, very large, lumpy and fibrosed- and doenst think its gonna last 6 mos. She got accepted as a transfer to SF hospital Pacific Medical center ?- have to ask what the name is- isnt not ucsf- they declined her again. Just found out 10 min ago.

ICU Dr soo smart, things move very quickly here, she at this point isnt staBLE enough to transport, due to the lung issues. Her bili is now down to 12.8. was 18 last wk. Creatnine good.

Please everyone pray for my mom Cheri- that her lungs heal and we are able to get treatment for her liver.

Keep You All Posted!

Thanks- Dee

>

>

02/03/2011 10:41 AM
kacc
kacc  

Dee,

You are in my prayers. ICU Dr. sounds great and attentive. Pray and rest.

02/03/2011 11:29 AM
bjlvls
bjlvls  

You've got it friend! Kristy said it all, and remember, we're here if you need us. Big Hugs, Bobbi

02/03/2011 12:05 PM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Dee,

I'm sorry things are so bad right now. Please know we are here for you.

02/03/2011 01:00 PM
kimmerz
kimmerz  

Prayers go out to you and your mom Smile

HUGS

Kim

02/03/2011 02:37 PM
TNFirefly
TNFirefly  

Prayers for you all!

02/03/2011 08:50 PM
mimmi
mimmi  

Dee, prayers for your mom and for you and that she gets the care she needs.

mimmi

02/05/2011 04:24 AM
Mareli

Sending healing thoughts for your mother.

02/05/2011 10:42 PM
abhome3
abhome3Posts: 139

I'm sorry what you're going through. How is she now? Please keep us posted, and sending hugs and comfort your way.

Amy

02/06/2011 06:19 AM
allaboutlife

I am praying for her and you

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved