MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/01/2011 12:56 PM

MELD

mikealpha1
mikealpha1  
VIP Member

Blood work Friday: MELD was up to 28. Unfortunately that high it has to be put in the UNOS system within 24 hours and no one got it done. Retested Monday and the coordinator will do it from home, hopefully it didn't drop over the weekend.

Definitely keeps me at the top of the list.

02/01/2011 01:52 PM
carm

So glad to hear you are at the top of the list. Thinking about you and wishing everything goes well. You are such an example of patience to others!!

02/02/2011 07:41 AM
sadlystillsane
sadlystillsane  

Hey Mike,

NOT glad your MELD is so high but VERY glad that being that high means you are very close to being the next liver recipient!! I cannot imagine how this must try your patience. (as you may remember I have very little of that Smile). Congratulations for doing so well and being such an inspiration for those of us like me who are not as far down the path as you are, but scared all the same. You are a great mentor to us. Good luck. Keep us posted please! Smile

02/02/2011 10:46 AM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Mike,

I'm willing your phone to ring.And sending prayers and good wishes also.

thumbnail

02/02/2011 02:32 PM
letsdance

Mike,

I know you're in OK and that there's been quite a bit of bad weather there. I hope you get the call really soon but please, please stay safe if you need to travel!!

02/02/2011 02:46 PM
mimmi
mimmi  

I was coming here to see about how you were, Mike. Hoping you get that call. I am praying for you.

mimmi

02/03/2011 06:55 AM
TNFirefly
TNFirefly  

Fingers crossed here.

02/03/2011 09:25 AM
mikealpha1
mikealpha1  
VIP Member

MELD was 31, but againdidn't get put in in time "wrong fax #. Also, some else is also 31.

02/03/2011 10:15 AM
sadlystillsane
sadlystillsane  

Well that has to be very frustrating! Who is responsible for getting your numbers in to whoever gets them?? AARRGG you must be getting slightly frustrated with this. I am sorry the number keeps going up but if that is what gets you the liver then I guess it is a good thing. I hope you are feeling ok and as others have said I too am worried that the weather may be bad when you get your phone call to go to the hospital.

I am thinking about you and hoping that you are at the hospital getting a new liver...keep letting us know when you can Smile

Best wishes!

02/03/2011 11:25 AM
bjlvls
bjlvls  

Who is your RN TX co-ordinator? (First name) Have you called everybody down there, from Leah to Dr. E's nurse, or to your LCSW? Maybe you should call and at least talk to Bob and explain how anxious this lack of attention to precious detail is making you, and maybe he can oil some gears. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you guys. You know how to reach me. B

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved