MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/12/2010 11:34 PM

Tech issue

barbo

I'm an idiot on the computer sometimes so I'm just going to ask this question. When you are posting a longer post is there a way to save a draft? Several times I have gotten almost to the end of a post and the screen jumps and I loose the whole thing. Am I doing something wrong? Barbo

10/13/2010 03:52 AM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Here's what I do. "There may be a easier way"

Open your office program (Word , Open office) to a blank page and type in what you want to post when you finish copy and paste it to the post on the group.

Gail

10/13/2010 03:57 AM
dmanflan
dmanflan  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I almost always use Word, even on shorter posts, because I have it set up to correct all my common typos. You have to be a little careful when you copy and paste because a lot of the fancy formatting (and emoticons Smile ) you can do in Word won't paste properly in the MDJ text processor.

Dennis

10/13/2010 08:51 AM
bjlvls
bjlvls  

That' what I do too, write in Word and copy. I save the emoticons for MDJ and add them to my posts after I've copied the material. Do you know the shortcut for copying and pasting?

10/13/2010 11:53 AM
barbo

No I don't. I have a hard time working in word because I've always worked in excel. Barbo

10/13/2010 01:21 PM
bjlvls
bjlvls  

Whatever the office program, or information source, this works for copying and pasting from one to the other on my system. Try it and see. Highlight the information you want to copy and press Control and then c *at the same time*. Go to the document you want to paste it into, and press Control v. The same premise works for moving info around in a post or message, Highlight the information, press Control x to pick up the info then put your cursor on the place where you want to drop the info. and press Control v.

10/13/2010 02:09 PM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I just highlight what I want to copy and right click . The menue that comes up has copy on it . then I left click where I want it and right click again and paste is on the menu

Gail

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved