MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/02/2010 07:48 AM

legs and feet hurt

tober
tober  

I am new also and have asked a few questions with some very informative answers! I have noticed lately my legs and feet hurt really bad when I am on them for an hour or so...I lay down and rest them and they get ok and the cycle starts all over again. Also, i feel my calve muscles and the arch of my feet feel like they are ready at any moment to go into a muscle spasm, but never do....

08/02/2010 09:27 AM
bjlvls
bjlvls  

Hi Tober! I'm sorry you're having problems. Muscle and leg cramps are common among some here.

Have you had your labs done recently? Sometimes low sodium or low albumin levels can cause muscle cramping. Electrolyte imbalance and overall worsening liver function can also be contributing factors. Those issues need to be checked out by your physician.

Some people swear by bananas, zinc or vitamin E. But a visit, or at least a call to the doc is in order.

I'm sure you'll hear from others soon! Write anytime.

Bobbi

08/02/2010 04:48 PM
mpmom
mpmom  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Tober

That's a good way to describe it.And it is extremely painful

I have had this same problem for about 2 years now . I do have Low sodium levels so they blame it on that (however replacement doesn't seem to help for very long.

You should also have them check your Magnesium level this can also cause the "almost cramping feeling"

Gail

08/03/2010 05:52 AM
tober
tober  

Thank you both very much! I am calling my p.c right now.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved