MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/30/2011 05:46 PM

Book that may help

crochetdiva
crochetdiva  

I found this on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Pain-Cure-Medical-Program-Chronic/dp/ 0446523054

Sara

12/31/2011 02:53 AM
Catfishes24
Catfishes24  

I haven't tried that one. However I have two audio books that have helped me in more areas than just the one intended.

1.) Meditation for Pain Relief by Jon Kabat-Zinn: I have tried to get through the whole 2 hour book but as I listen and follow the directions given, I fall asleep. So I guess I am getting a benefit from it.

2.) Sleep Solutions by Roberta Shapiro - it is more of a spoken word album than a book, but I use the breathing techniques taught in it to help with anxiety and panic attacks. I got the "book" because I do have insomnia, usually due to pain. About 48 minutes total.

Both of these publications require daily work. You can do as little as 10 minutes or go the whole length. Found them on Amazon, too. I do better with audio books because I don't have to focus on holding the material while trying to follow instructions.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved