MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/21/2009 11:47 PM

just curious

snowdrop75
snowdrop75  

I was just interested about which topical pain relief cream and OTC pain medicine works for all of you the best. See,I've spent so much money already just to find relief and nothing seems to help yet.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated!

((((gentle hugs to all))))

*Bridgett*

01/22/2009 03:49 AM
skittle0407

My mom swears by icy/hot to get her through the night from her agonizing knee pain......thats the only thing that has helped even a little bit for her. Just be careful using OTC meds. if taking presription medications also, some contain absorbable acetametaphine and can interact with and add to having too much in your system. Always ask the Dr or the pharmacist before using.

01/22/2009 08:48 AM
Noca
Noca  

I used to use Pennsaid for topical pain reliever, it didn't work that great.

01/22/2009 03:45 PM
singingangel

I like capsaicin. It seems to help relax the muscles.

01/22/2009 06:31 PM
ottawagirl
ottawagirl  

Myoflex (exra strength) is my all time fav.

I also use Chinese miracle oil, smells like eucalyptus and has campher...I smell brutal but it works right away and lasts :0)

01/22/2009 08:45 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I really havent had any luck with topical ointments..

Hugs and Blessings,

Viv

01/22/2009 09:55 PM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

For nerve pain, there's this great line of topicals by Peaceful Mountain, out of Boulder, CO. The one that seems to work best for nerve pain is called Shinglederm Rescue Plus. It's for the pain related to Shingles, but you use just a little--basically a little goes a long way. It smells a little funky coming out of the little bottle, but not when you slather it on. It looks gloppy, but it goes on clean and clear. It's given several people I know, including myself some relief. If I could remember to use it regularly, I'm sure it'd help me much more!

Their whole line of joint/muscle relief is pretty good, but I like the texture of the Shinglederm the best, cuz it goes in and leaves no residue, whereas the others tend to leave a residue, and being a writer, I need to have my hands and wrists free of the residue, but I need to be able to still put it on my hands and wrists where I need it!

As far as pain meds to use, I've tried everything, literally, and very little actually helps with relief... Can't help you much there. It takes the hard narcotics with valium to give me much relief, and those usually just take the edge off. I live in chronic constant pain. It's hard to find relief for that.

*hugs*

jen Smile

01/22/2009 10:55 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Just wondering Jen do you order it from Peaceful Mountain I would be willing to give it a try.

01/22/2009 11:05 PM
snowdrop75
snowdrop75  

Thank you so much for your reply my dear. I really appreciate it.Smile

01/22/2009 11:07 PM
snowdrop75
snowdrop75  

Thank you ALL so very much for your input and advice. You don't know how much I appreciate it!!! ((((pain free hugs to all)))

Sincerely,

Bridgett Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved