MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/13/2012 12:35 PM

Well, here I am...

anji

I'm nearly 34 years old, in pain 100% of the time in my shoulder/arm. It was a result of a training accident at work. As a result, two years on, I will be losing my job in the near future...

Depression is overwhelming me at the moment, along with the pain. I'm seeing my regular doc, a social worker, a pain doc and a psychatrist at the moment, all whom are trying to help me out.

Some days are worse than others but right now, I'm just trying to sort a lot of stuff up.

With the CRPS, I'm also on the verge of being diagnosed with PTSD... and, some other fun stuff. Good times...

But, anyways - I just wanted to say a quick hello and I'll update this again when I have more energy to write. It's a struggle to get through the day sometimes, today is one.

anji

05/13/2012 05:20 PM
cindy61
cindy61  

Hi Anji, I am sorry to hear that you may be losing your job because of CRPS. I have had CRPS for 10 years now. Mine started after having surgery on herniated discs C4,5, and 6. My pain was in neck, left shoulder and left arm. It took them 4 years to figure out I had CRPS and I have been on dissability for 7 years now. It has now spread pretty much everywhere now.

I will be praying for you that you wont lose your job and that your pain will not be so bad. Many gentle hugs!!

Cindy

05/13/2012 08:11 PM
anji

Hi Cindy,

I'm in the military and am not able to perform the fitness parts -- hardly able to get through a day, let alone go and save lives, LOL... so, the job is on the chopping block but fortunately, they are good to take care of you once you are released.

Thank you for writing and sharing Smile

anji

05/13/2012 10:05 PM
cindy61
cindy61  

Hi Anji, I forgot that you are in the millitary. My son is in Afghanistan right now. He is in the 82nd Airborn and was picked to be a dog handler that finds IEDs. It scares me so much but I have to just try and not think about it. He had 3 hernias fixed when he was at Fort Bragg and hopes to get his teeth fixed when he gets back. They do seem to take care of their own as long as they are still inlisted. I am sorry you can not do your job but I and our country thank you for serving when you could.

Many gentle hugs and a big HOOAAHH

05/14/2012 05:47 PM
anji

Hi Cindy,

I haven't told anyone I was military yet -- and, no problem about the serving part. I'm not American and nor did I get to serve as I had wished, but I'm certain your son will be fine!

Just trust his little furbaby over there, they know their jobs well (the dogs)...

anji

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved