MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/28/2011 04:04 PM

Hello Everyone........

kwmillie
kwmillie  

I am not new to the site, but I am new posting. I signed up for this site several months ago, but I decided to become active since today, a little bit of my history....... I am in intractable pain due to a 3 level/360 fusion that I had in 2007, that fusion failed miserably and I had to have 4 more surgeries just to clean up the cadaver bone that was placed in between my vertebraes and started to disentegrate, so I was diagnose with Fail Back Surgery Syndrome.

I have an excellent PM Doc, but on Sunday I am moving to central Fla. so I hope that I can find a good Doc there too. I've been through cancer twice, so I am a survivor, and in my lifetime I've had 24 surgeries (I know, too many!! Dizzy ). I am currently convalescing at home because I fractured and had surgery on my right tibia and ankle, I am wearing a cool and pretty hot pink cast, so at least I am fashionable Laughing . The cast have been with me since Sept. 28, and should be removed in Nov.

In real life I was a social worker working with patients that have HIV/AIDS, and I missed my job, unfortunately due to my fail spinal surgery I lost more than my sanity; I lost my job, my home, my car and many other things that can be replaced, the one thing that I sometimes missed is been able to jump out of bed, and going for a long walk, I also missed having the money to buy the little things that I want, since I am on social security disability, you know how little money we have to work with. I live alone with my dog Malcolm, and I am here to give and receive advise. If you made it this far, thanks!

KW Smile

10/28/2011 04:14 PM
Catfishes24
Catfishes24  

Welcome to the group!

10/28/2011 04:27 PM
kwmillie
kwmillie  

Thanks!!

11/01/2011 04:26 PM
mydoghelps

I am new too. I also have a SCS. My dog Rocco helps.

David.

11/01/2011 04:35 PM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
Group Leader

Welcome to both of you!!

I'm sorry, kwmillie, for what you're enduring on a daily basis. Youza!

I understand pain. Not the same kind, but still it's pain. I also understand the losing things. I too, lost my job (had to quit due to my illness), and due to the medical bills building up and me not being able to work- we no longer could live the lifestyle we were accustomed to. So, a couple of years ago, we ended up having to file bankruptcy and lost our home. It was really hard, especially in a really small town. I WILL say though- my family is still together, and we're somehow stronger individuals because of what we experienced.

I'm also on disability and understand the inability to purchase the small things. Heck! It's even hard to buy groceries. There are sometimes, when I don't know whether to buy groceries, or purchase my meds. My meds always win out. But, I feel really horrible that we never have anything in the cupboard. Our children come over and they're like- 'There's nothing in the cupboards, are you eating?' Well, if you look at me, you know I'm eating! LOL!

Couldn't live without some humor, my family, or our cat and dog.

Again, welcome to the group! Glad you found us. Please, feel free to post. We're here for ya!

11/01/2011 04:52 PM
mydoghelps

Thanks! !

David.

11/01/2011 05:19 PM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
VIP Member

I am very familiar with chronic pain...I crushed my leg and ankle in a car accident in1972. I have hadmany(lost count)on my leg and ankle. I can not walk without taking opiates. Many times that does not even work...however I get injections in my left ankle that help for about 2 months. I can only get them once every 3 months. I can't imagine the pain you are in.I am on disability too and the money sucks. However I am greatful that I have what I got. I only wish I could walk long distances. I used to spend alot of time hiking and hunting. I have not been able to do that since 1997 when severe arthritis set in on my ankle. zthe pain is gone only when I lie down. I hate it.

11/15/2011 08:18 PM
kwmillie
kwmillie  

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I still have another 10 days with this darn cast, I am soooo ready to get rid of it, can't wait!!!! I just hope that the surgery worked, I am been having lots of pain lately, so I will keep y'all posted.

Hugs,

KW

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved