MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/22/2010 08:24 PM

Helloooooooooo out there!!

Guitargirl14580
Guitargirl14580  

Hiya! I'm new to this forum. *bows slightly because back hurts too bad to bow deeply* My name is Cathy. I'm a chronic pain patient. I've had pain to one degree or another all my life, but it's become completely unbearable since I finally gave up on working as a realtor early in 2008.

I've been diagnosed with arthritis, chronic fatigue, fibro, 3 blown disks, 2 pinched nerves, one at the very top & one at the very bottom of my spine, sacroiliitis, and hip dysplasia. The steroids they pumped into me to help the lower back made my adrenals go to sleep, so I've got adrenal insufficiency. Let's see..what am I forgetting?

Oh yeah, I'm kind of brain dead from all the illness and all the meds.

I looked around all the different forums here at MDJ & decided that you folks sound the most like me. Plus, you support each other & don't wait 4 days to respond to someone in pain begging for a response like some boards I've been on.

God willing, I can be the guy responding..and not be the guy begging for a response most of the time. But you know...things happen.

I'm on meds for the pain, I have a pain doctor who's very helpful, but not many doctors treating me for my problems. That's most of my current reason for depression. I've seen 13 doctors in 2 years & literally begged some of them for help, but currently am getting very little treatment and no improvement.

I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all.

Cathy

05/22/2010 08:39 PM
kardie
kardie  
VIP Member

Hi Cathy,

Welcome to the group. Yes this is a good support group! We have some wonderfull people here and we all try to offer help support and an ear to listen on the days some of us just need a place to vent.

Take Care, I look forward to getting to know you.

05/22/2010 11:44 PM
poppyflower

Hi Cathy,

Im pretty new here too, so welcome !

Wow, sounds like you got a lot going on,

This is a great group, hope it helps you.

Hope to catch up with you again x

Smile

05/23/2010 04:25 AM
Ginag
Ginag  
I'm an Advocate

Hi

It sounds like you have been walking a long and lonely road. I have FM/Athiritis Pain, but when I hear people talk about disc problems, I think what am I complaining about.

Please post as often as you like. I have seen many emails reguarding back pain/ spinal disks.

God Bless

05/23/2010 10:12 AM
Guitargirl14580
Guitargirl14580  

Thank you for the welcomes!

05/23/2010 11:01 AM
ladyjane

Hi Cathy

Welcome!

You have come to the right place your going to fit right in with everyone here, we all have are good and bad days here and days when the pain is not so bad then we tend to over do things and push the pain levels back up we have stressful days that also push are pain to the max.

On here you will find some helpful info from experiences with meds to helpful things to try from lavender epson baths to vicks vapour rubs I have heard so many things to try some new some old remedies but all great to share and to try out.

05/23/2010 02:07 PM
kjv1956
kjv1956  

Smile Welcome to the Group,

Looking forward to learing from you and getting to know you. So glad that you found our group.

kjv1956

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved