MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/20/2010 07:04 AM

intros

spartacus1976
spartacus1976  
I'm an Advocate

Hey everyone...

I have no idea why it took so long to join THIS part of mdjunction...sorry about that.

I have fibromyalgia...so I'm in a LOT of pain, all the time.

The Iowan medical community, in their infinite wisdom (yeah, right), because they have no clue how to deal with fibro, has all but abandoned me. Most doctors think I'm "drug seeking behaviour"...many don't believe fibro exists...and those that believe me don't know what to do and are therefore afraid of giving me anything for pain relief.

Basically, I'm here to make friends, network, and pick your brain.

I'm happily married (sorry ladies), and have two sweet kids.

I blog here A LOT, so be sure to read that. (Yeah, shameless plug...but hey, at least I'm honest).

If anyone needs to chat, vent, or whatever, I'm a really good listener.

Hang in there, everyone! Together we can comfort and ease the pain.

01/20/2010 08:28 AM
kardie
kardie  
VIP Member

Hello spartacus,

Welcome to our group. Don't worry about not joining right away, we're just glad you found us. I don't have fibro, that I know of lol, but I know there are people here who do suffer from it so I'm sure you will find alot of help and support.

I feel we have a great group of people here and I'm sure you will fit right in. Take Care!

Kardie

01/20/2010 08:45 AM
mike1024
mike1024  
Group Leader

Hi spartacus:

i want to Welcome you to the group and hope to get to know you better.There are a lot of great people here who will be able to answer any questions you may have.Please feel free to PM me anytime.

Welcome Again

Mike

01/20/2010 11:18 AM
Ginag
Ginag  
I'm an Advocate

here is a crazy suggestion....google FM and copy as many articles as you can about FM ( Mayo clini is one) and take them to your Dr. apt. throw it in his/her face. loll

Nice to know you are on board. Thanks. Gina

01/20/2010 01:10 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello spartacus..Its very frustrating when doctors don't know how to treat what you have. I don't have Fibro but do have MRSA and here in TN it is hard to find someone who knows how to treat it.

We are all here to learn and help one another. I am thankful each day for MDJ and the boards and people here. Nice to meet you!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved