MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/17/2010 07:02 PM

Life can be tough, thanks for helping me deal

2MuchPain
2MuchPain  

As a 16 year old girl i have had to deal with a lot in my life. I lost my father from Colon Cancer when i was only 8, my Uncle i was closest to died soon after from lung cancer, and recently my grandmother, Zoey, who helped through all of my losses lost her life to Pulmanary Phybrosis. although i am 16 i am mentally more matured than many adults i know.

My Chronic pain is the "icing" on my crappy cake. I have an amazing mother and a great sister, but hopefully this site will help me.

I already had to repeat 10th grade and as the year has gone on i have been sinking back into another pain cycle that is ruining my life, i do not want to burden my family or my friends anymore, my friends don't really understand.

01/17/2010 08:54 PM
fibrochick76
fibrochick76  

Oh hon Sad I know we already had a brief introduction, but I wanted to welcome you again! You sure have been through a whole lot in your 16 years, and I don't doubt for a second how mature you are. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your loved ones. Please know that you are not alone and that this is such a wonderful community of people. You will be wrapped in blankets of support here. I spend most of my MDJ time in the Fibromyalgia Support Group, however I do pop in here now and then. Please feel free to send me a private message anytime. I would love to chat with you anytime. I'm glad that you have support at home! That really helps! Don't ever think of yourself as a burden. We all have so much to offer the people around us, dispite our health issues. You are a gift to the people in your life, as much as they are a gift to you!

I hope you will find comfort in knowing, so many people are here for you!

(((gentle hugs)))

01/18/2010 07:37 AM
kardie
kardie  
VIP Member

Hello 2muchpain,

Welcome to the group. You are so young to be going through all of this. I'm glad you have your mother and sister to lean on. Please don't ever think of yourself as a burden on anyone. I'm sure they wouldn't think of it like that and your friends might not fully understand but you need to help them.

We have a wonderfull support group here. Feel free to join in or start a new post any time. Your always welcome to pm me any time if you want to talk. I look forward to getting to know you.

Kardie

01/18/2010 08:15 AM
2MuchPain
2MuchPain  

this is amazing, i woke up feeling aweful and sore and sick and your messages have helped me so much, thank you and i look forward to getting to know eveyonr better Smile

01/18/2010 08:33 AM
newrsd

Hi, Welcome.

Interesting how similar your sounds to mine.. I have RSD [also a chronic pain syndrome] and PCOS. What is RND like?

On top of that, I have also had strep and a cold this week so I have also been feeling lousy which makes keeping up with things hard.

01/18/2010 12:13 PM
2MuchPain
2MuchPain  

I was really surprised when i was looking at the members and i found so many more people with RSD or RND than i expected.

RND is aweful, mine goes from the top of my spine all the way down through my tailbone and into my sides. it is constant pain that is tingly, throbbing, shooing, pulsing, all depeding on the moment. it is so hard to conentrait and even live some type of normal life.

along with my RND, i also began having terrible migranes that would litterally keep me locked up in a room, alone, and want to cry but it would hurt too much.

dealing with my day to day pain is enough, so the fact that u and i both have colds is an unbelievable coincidence, i think some things are just ment to happen and maybe you and i are supposed to help each other in our rough journey (wow that sounded like it was written on a script, but hey it is true) Smile

01/18/2010 07:35 PM
kjv1956
kjv1956  

Hello 2MuchPain,

How are you feeling? Welcome to the group. This is a great place to find support and encouragement. Keep us updated. Never think of yourself as a burden. We are all here as teacher or student in life. To someone you are a teacher and to someone else you are a student. Stay Strong.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved