MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/19/2012 12:47 PM

needed a release..........(page 2)

missyme
missymePosts: 2160

thank you slada!

am doing better now. back to normal-for-me-pain-levels. chronic pain at any level is bad but when it escalates to the point that it just did for me, it just seems like too much to cope with.

thanks for listening!

04/19/2012 03:23 PM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
VIP Member

I have severe chronic pain in my left ankle that keeps me from working and it is a source of depression for me. I have not worked ince 1997. I am dependent on opiates for pain relief and hate having to take them. I have put off having surgery because I still have range of motion in my ankle. I was also told that my surgery would cause other problems in other joints. Ughhh! Don't know what to do.

04/20/2012 09:41 AM
zorski
zorski  

Hi bang bang,

I have chronic pain from severe arthritis and was physiologically addicted to opiates because I can't take NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatories) like ibuprofen, naproxen, celebrex-they rip my stomach to shreds.

the problem with opiates is that your body gets used to a certain dose then needs more to get the same pain relief.

I take a med called suboxone (buphenorphine) three times a day. It controls that pain and does not make you need more later on. It's been used in veterinary medicine forever for pain in animals and only recently has been being used in humans. It's also used to get addicts off of opiates.

When I detoxed from fentanyl patches I went 'crazy' and that's when I got diagnosed bipolarII. Suboxone is a miracle drug. the problem is I think you have to find a medical provider who has been certified in prescribing the drug in your area. Google the med -wikipedia has alot of info on it.

side effects are minimal. It's also been shown to help a bit with depression.

04/20/2012 10:47 AM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

Hey missyme- I apologize for my delay in posting. I thought I had! But, am now seeing that I haven't. Sad

Welcome back! As you can see- there are always LOTS of very caring people here.

I'm sorry to hear that you've not been doing too well. Do hope that talking w/the people here in the group will help.

Feel free to post and share more. We're def here for you!

~gentle hugs~

04/20/2012 11:56 AM
missyme
missymePosts: 2160

thank you fibroforever!

i believe i remember you from the last time that i was here.

and yes, talking with the people here in the group definitely does help!

thanks!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved