MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/13/2012 09:36 PM

I will lose my job

slada
slada  

My friends,I am off from work almost 3 years and today manager call me to say my job is in risk,because I don't know when I am coming back to work

Sad Sad Sad ......I told him I was going back from work when I got hit by other car.....my God he is going to replace me with somebody else

Sad Sad Sad Sad He want me to get doctor note soon I can,that mean he is going to kick me from work.I think he already find somebody,he is just playing game with me,I can hear in his voice that I am fired already.

Where is justice,why that happen to me,I love my job so muchSad(Sad(Sad(Sad(

I cry a lot in my car,I didn't care who is around me,I hate my life,my husband is saying don't worry you can't work,he does not understood,he want to be boss of me,I want to go back to work,I don't know can I work 8 hours shift or 4.....how I will know when I never try after accidentSad(Sad(Sad(....

What I am going to do?

Can you help me please?

I am going to see my doctor on Monday,what I will told him?

I am in pain,but maybe I can take pain killers and work,I don't know...I just don't......I hate my life,I have myself,why.......why......

If I don't like my job I will be fine,but I do love with all my heartSad((

What decision to make?

I need you all my friends,please help meSad(

04/13/2012 10:38 PM
cindy61
cindy61  

Slada I don't know if in Canada if they have dissability for people who can't work but if they do you should try for that. My RSD is just about everywhere even in my stomach, plus I have spasms and I am on strong drugs so the judge here in USA said there is no way I could work. Because of this I get dissability each month. It's not much but it's better then nothing.

Good luck, Cindy

04/13/2012 11:59 PM
scorpioj
scorpioj  
VIP Member

slada,

Canada does have disability for those of us who can't work.The pain level you are describing certainly makes you a good candidate.Be honest with your Dr. and yourself about the intensity of the pain.Only if it is well managed should you attempt going back to work, right now it isn't and you would be disappointed with the results of going back too soon. Working in chronic pain can trigger more health problems,as I learned when I resumed working with RSD.I had more frequent and longer lasting migraines,had higher levels of pain and often had to leave work early,call in sick, or try to work in tears. When I started having symptoms of osteoarthritis in my fingers,wrists,arms and hands, I knew it was time to leave work behind.This may not happen for you,but it is a possibility. You may just need more time for your Dr. to find the right meds and be able to go back in time.This is something you and your Dr. need to decide.Good luck, I hope this helps.

Take care and lots of hugs,

scorpioj

04/14/2012 04:38 AM
Colleenj
Colleenj  
VIP Member

I agree with the others; start looking into disability. Here in the US they can give you the boot in 26 weeks. I have been on disability for 3 years now. Good luck.

04/14/2012 03:15 PM
slada
slada  

My dear friends I just want to work but I don't know can I work or not this is what I am upset aboutSad(Sad(Sad(......what if I lose my job,what will happen with me,I am scary to end up in hospital on psychiatric ward.I miss my job so so much,it is not about disability,I want my life backSad(Sad(......Yesterday I make cake,boiled eggs and make supper,I was all afternoon working at home because its out Easter tomorrow and this morning my arm hurt/my elbow.Maybe you are right my friends,I should look into pensionSad(Sad(Sad(.....but I just want to work,do you know what I mean my friends?

04/14/2012 10:16 PM
scorpioj
scorpioj  
VIP Member

slada,

I understand about wanting to work, it is hard to leave behind what has been such a big part of your life. I too wanted to keep working. The reality though, is I physically can't anymore.Counselling helps you to deal with the stress and depression it creates.Working is a part of our identity,but only a part.It is not who we are, it does not define us. We are so much more than our job and still have contributions to make.You just have to come to terms with it all and accept it,which is a process,easier said than done and a difficult challenge. It is a challenge however, that you can meet and conquer with time and support.We are here to help you to the best of our ability,find a supportive counsellor to help you sort through the emotions and make the right choice for you.

Warm,caring hugs,

scorpioj

04/15/2012 12:44 AM
Catfishes24
Catfishes24  

Slada, please listen to the words of the others who have posted here - they say these things because they care and they know from experience.

Talk to your doctor. I don't know what kind of work you have been doing, but it sounds like you really enjoy it. With your doctor's approval that it won't harm you to try to work, maybe you can work part-time in the field that you have chosen. If not, then maybe volunteer work on a regular part-time basis.

It is hard to let go of working since we seem to get so much satisfaction from a job well done that we like to do. It has been 3 years since I was able to work,and only recently have I stopped feeling like this not-working is only temporary! I can't do what I did at work anymore, but now I challenge myself to do other things that I can do. And I do participate in a charity that I can do from home, when I feel well enough: Warm Up! America. I crochet afghans and donate them, knowing they will go to those who need them.

Try to stay positive - you may not do what you have always done, but you may learn new skills, make new friends & find a whole new world that might not have ever been an option before.

Hugs, Cat

04/15/2012 08:31 AM
Clarita
Clarita  
Group Leader

Very wise words indeed Cat- echo them totally!!

Super gentle hugs to you all, love Clarita Smile

04/15/2012 04:01 PM
slada
slada  

My dear Cat,Scorpio,ClaritaKissing Kissing Kissing

I never see so much understanding and support and I can only say how happy I am to have you in my life.You my friends are talking from experience and this is what I need to hear,that I am not only one who is dealing with stress.

It's not easy to lose job specially when you know how much you love it,same like dear Cat and Scorpion tell me.I have to accept thighs about my life and you are right my friend!!!!!!!.......I have to find something in my life that will make me look into my future.I am planing maybe to take some extra credit and one day to become nurseSmile ....I am still not that old.....love you all

My arm is killing me and my husband was right and all of you just from doing cooking and washing dishes.At my work I sterilized and clean surgical instruments and trays are very heavy specially with our ortho instruments.

Sterilization cart are very heavy and I have to push them in and out and also organized in storage room.Job is wonderful but it is hard on arms too.

04/16/2012 04:27 PM
slada
slada  

My dear friends,my doctor thinks I am not able to work my job because of chronic pain and he is very worry about my mental stage because of my anxietySad(......he wrote me note saying till further notice that I am under his care and I am not able to go workSad(

I cry a lot in his office today,his secretary didn't let me go home before I calm down.

Now I still feel very sad,don't know did I make right decision and my doctorSad(

Love you all so much

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved