MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/21/2011 06:08 PM

acupuncture for pain

hopeful10

I was in a bad car accident a year and half ago and been in pain everyday since. I've been taking pain meds but they seem to not be working as well anymore. I've had 2 shoulder surgeries and started to get lots of spasms in my arm. My ortho surgeon thinks it is from not using my arm much for a year and half and having 2 surgiers. My pain management dr suggested I try acupuncture for the pain and spasms. I've had 3 sessions I think it is working! My spasms aren't as bad and the burning down my arm is going away. Of course I'm still taking my pain pills but hope that with more treatments I can stop them! I wanted to share my experience with you in hopes that someone else might find some relief too!

02/21/2011 09:16 PM
debhurts
debhurts  

Hi i am glad you found relief, i welcome you to the group, is this your first visit here at chronic pain? Well i am sending you a welcome anyway, and i was unlucky with accupuncture, but i am so glad it is helping you. Does insurance cover it? I sure hope this continues to help you, sending a hug and warm wishes for recovery, Love Debi blflwrwelcme 9275b79f8ffa737f138c53d295610a1a

02/22/2011 06:18 AM
hopeful10

No insurance doesn't cover but at this point I'll try anything to get some relief. Thank you Smile

02/22/2011 07:33 AM
debhurts
debhurts  

No doubt! when you are in pain, it helps you you do it!Right? If i knew a modality that would help me i would do it, i was suppose to be hooked up with pt a month ago, so i dont know what's taking so long, i don't see what i can do with a broken hip anyway, they were suppose to teach me how to walk with a broken hip, it is rediculous how slow that surgeons office is, but i go friday to see the surgeon and i will tell him they never set me up, he wont be pleased. I cant do it or i would have, i guess they could do ice or heat therepy too, but i will find out.But if you find something that get's you out of pain i say go for it!Love to all, Debi<3

02/22/2011 07:49 AM
hopeful10

I had PT lots and lots. My PT and I would joke that I paid for my own private parking spot (been in PT for most of the last year and half). After my 2nd shoulder surgery in Oct I was gong 2 times a week for 2 hours each time! We were agressive with my PT and I have most of my range of motion back more than I got after my 1st shoulder surgery. I went for both my neck and shoulder. I'm getting pretty good at the neck and shoulder anatomy lol! I've also been taking soma, perocet and celebrex (motrin was hurting my stomach). I can olny imagine the damage done to my poor liver Sad Someday I hope to get off the pain pills guess I'm a baby cause I can't function without them! My husband thinks acupuncture is bogus but I'm feeling a little better each time I go so I say it isn't! I'm sorry that this didn't help you I hope you find something to give you relief pain is so depressing. I'm glad I found this site it has been wonderful to find others who understand what I'm going through. Although, it is so sad to find so many people who suffer everyday God bless you all!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved