MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/25/2009 10:37 AM

pain and holidays

Snowi
Snowi  

there ought to be a law that all people should be pain free for the holidays exspecially major ones like xmas. yes, i realize that is just a fantasy, but a girl's got to dream. i was not able to go to MI and be with my family this again this year for the holidays, but i decided not to pout about it like i did last year. i went to my husbands family for xmas eve. usually i found them boring, but with the pain and fatigue from being pregnant it was nice just to hang out and not have to do anything. today we will have a nice quiet meal at his parents. one of my sisters visted me on the 23 so i got to see 1 family member for xmas. i think i have try to look for the good in life.

Happy holidays to all.

12/27/2009 07:41 AM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
Group Leader

Yes! You are SO right about what you said in your post. Those of us in pain- we should get to be pain-free on holidays! AND, we do need to try and make the best of what we've got.

I'm glad you got to go and kinda enjoy yourself. Sometimes, it's kinda nice... just getting out of the house and going to someone else. And, not having to do anything while there. I'm also glad that you got to see your sister.

12/27/2009 08:05 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

I think most of us accept the reality of good days and bad days.

But wouldn't it be great to be able to and choose those days?

Aaahhhh....dreams.

Hugs

12/27/2009 03:00 PM
newrsd

Just curious hypothetically... If you could choose between staying around 1/2 of your normal pain all the time or having some really good days and some really terrible days what would you choose?

I think I would stick with 1/2 in a second. My dream for my pain is to always be at a level where I could ignore and do daily activity (even if its there). Isn't it nice to have dreams?!?

Especially as it is 1 in the morning and I have to be up at 6 but I can't sleep because of my stupid foot!! I wish I would be dreaming now (literally).

Post edited by: newrsd, at: 12/27/2009 03:01 PM

12/27/2009 03:26 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

I think I would choose staying 1/2 the normal pain. Like you, I would like to be able to do daily things on a consistent basis.

Although, I am thankful for the good days, still, my good days have to be closely monitoried.

And sometimes I get really tired of the rollercoaster ride.

Yes, I think I would like to have more consistent days.

I hope your foot gets better soon dear.

Hugs

12/27/2009 03:36 PM
Gen

You know what I'm afraid of, is if my pain is gone how would I know when to stop. Like cleaning the house, I know if I've done to much my pain get really bad. Well if I had no pain how would I know when to stop. If I don't stop the pain would get to the point I couldn't walk.

Just my way of my crazy thinking. LOL Gen

12/27/2009 04:34 PM
suzack1

I also would like to stay at 1/2 the pain. At least then I would know my life would be some what normal than and I could actually plan things ahead of time. I hate trying to plan something not knowing how I'm going to wake up that day. It almost can set me into a panic if I know that I planned something a week ago when I felt ok and now as it gets closer I'm not sure I can do it!!

Can't we all just be NORMAL!!lol

12/28/2009 10:00 AM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I would most definately chose to stay at half the pain all the time if I had a choice in the matter. Then I could at least function somewhat normal on most days which I cannot do now when I reach a real high pain level.

SOmetimes I wonder what normal used to feel like its been awhile for me.

01/09/2010 08:54 AM
Snowi
Snowi  

i love the idea of 1/2 of my pain. it would be so nice to do more stuff on a consistant basis. sometimes i feel like i'm go to go stir crazy from being at home so much, but it hurts to sit and it hurts to walk so what am i to do?

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved