MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/20/2008 12:46 AM

I am new, and just need friends to talk to

Lagarto26
Lagarto26  

My name is Liz or Lizard. I am only 17; I have had FMS/CFS since I was 15. I had to drop out of high school because of my sickness. I don't have a lot of friends that understand what I am going through, and I find myself just needing someone to talk to. I have read all the books on how to feel better, I have tried to change, but I fail continually, its getting very frustrating to be so weak. In case you didn't notice my main picture is a shot from Joss Whedon's Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I have this picture up because Buffy is someone I find strong. Not because she has supernatural powers, but because she deals with very hard life choices everyday and she continues on. She gets knocked down but gets back up and fights. I know it's a fanatic thing to say, but I want to be like her. I want that inner strength that no matter how your problems come at you, you will be able to face them. I want to fight. Please, if you have the time to email me or give me a few tips on how to be strong when I feel so weak, I would appreciate every word. Thank you – Lizard ^.^

02/20/2008 02:51 AM
mesafoxx
mesafoxx  

sweetheart, we all want to be like her again, wouldn't that b nice. I would love it. Listen i am available 24/7 unless im sleeping i tend to do that quite often because i too FMS, MPS, CFS, OSTEOARTHURITIS, SCIATICA, and a few other things like fibro fog , that i cant write right now cause icant remember what theyare. Dah, LOL, anyways my name is Margie=Mesafoxx, Where do u live Lizard? Write back soon ok!!!!!!

02/20/2008 07:35 AM
HAMPTON7026
HAMPTON7026  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome Lizard!! It must be so hard to be so young and deal with all of this. High school for most is the time to be young and crazy and i'm sorry to here that you can't do those things. You have reached out by posting here and to me that was strength!! We will always be around and we will always be your friends. If you need us just post or pm us and we'll be there for you.

02/23/2008 05:26 PM
mdfibro
mdfibro  

Hi Lizard!!

How are you doing today? I hope you are doing better!

Did you say you also have fibro with your chronic fatigue? Just keep plugging along, okay? Are your parents supporting you? I as a parent, daughters grown, would feel very sad to see you with this exhaution every day. If you also have fibro, how long have you been suffering from it?

Maryann

10/12/2008 12:15 PM
Mkwhite613
Mkwhite613  

Hey Lizard, I'm 16 and I have CFS also. Its so tough I also have the friend problem because no one understand why I can never do anything. I'm crying right now because its such a relief to meet someone like me. My school has been so helpful to me I'm on a abriviated schedule where I get to sleep until 2nd block then I stay after school to make up my 1st block class. Its been awesome and I feel a little better. I've had CFS since I got mono in the 5th grade. It was tough because my dads in the FBI so we had to move and we lived out of state and no family was there to support us and it was a big town and my mom had three really small children to take care of. I feel your pain!

Mae

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved