MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/08/2012 10:30 PM

New to group(page 2)

Beached
Beached  

I hope the online groups can help & give you some peace of mind and support. It would be wonderful if you & your husband could eventually attend some in-person groups too. Seeing & talking with real live people who don't live too far away, who you can reach by phone in times of need, all of that is of immeasurable help and reassurance.

Check out the CFIDS Association of America website for more info & research, as well as possibly a list of local support groups. [I haven't looked in quite a while to see if they still maintain those lists.] They are our top lobbying group & one of maybe three national organizations for CFS.

My best friend in Chicago has had CFS since before her three kids were born & they all turned out fine. They admire her, recognize that she does as much as she can possibly manage, & understand that mom has some days when she's really sick, but that's OK.

02/08/2012 11:00 PM
mem6526

Oleo73,

I am not sure who you are referring to with the comment about worrying what other people think? I don't believe I said that.

I think that kids are very aware of things. Even if you are not able to do certain things with them anymore that you used to be able to do I think they understand.

Maybe you can do different things with them now?

Things that are not as physical and special things like reading time and talking and watching shows or movies together.

Like make a movie night with Popcorn and make a picnic on the Living Room floor for them and fun things like that.

How does that sound to you?

Let me know and I will try to help you.

Just know that children know what love is and when they are given love and affection and they feel safe that is what is most important in my opinion.

You sound like a wonderful Mother.

Keep posting. It helps.....I am glad that the 1 moment at a time is helpful to you.

Have a good nite and feel free to PM me.

Just know that everything will be okay. It takes time. Wink

02/09/2012 08:17 PM
mem6526

Oleo73,

Hope that you are okay and that you had a good day.

Sleep well and just know that you are not alone.

Hang in there. Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved