MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/07/2008 11:04 AM

Alive...kind of

lyssandes
lyssandes  

Hey guys!!! I am alive. I know that it's hard to believe... I have been reading your posts.

I'll give you guys an update. As of two weeks ago, I stopped taking any meds that I was on. I've just about decided that I'm not going back to the doctor. The meds were not helping and the doctor doesn't know how to help me anymore.

A few weeks ago, I caught a virus that was going around the area. What took people two days to get over, took me eight days. I only worked one day within that time. I became severely dehydrated and couldn't eat nor drink.

Just as I got over that, I had to move into my own place. I don't recommend that you move while in the throws of CEBV. I had to do it and it kicked me hard. I passed out and was down for the count another week.

All of this on top of working 60+ hours a week has taken a toll on this ole girl, so this weekend, I rested. I'm considering filling out FMLA papers just so that on the days when the fevers get too bad or I can't make it up the steps, I can go home without fear of losing my job. I refuse to completely quit. In my mind, shear will is going to get me through. What do you guys think?

I miss all of you!!! You are all such an encouragement to me in my darkest hours. My heart goes out to each and everyone of you. Drop me a line and let me know how you're doing!

Post edited by: lyssandes, at: 07/07/2008 11:05

07/07/2008 12:33 PM
FibroAngel
FibroAngel  

Lyssandes, I wholeheartedly agree with you about not moving when you have CEBV! I did it last winter and it made me feel a gazillion times worse than I already did...to make matters worse, it was not like a local move from one side of town to another, it was to an entirely different part of the state...thank g-d, we have family down here...but I do have some family members who don't believe I am so sick and that I should be able to hold down a part time job...if I were able to work, I would be doing so, and not preparing to go in front of a judge to plead my case as to why I should get social security at the age of 42!!

07/07/2008 01:15 PM
lyssandes
lyssandes  

It's hard when people (especially family) don't understand your situation. Some of my family don't even talk to me, except when they want something, because they don't believe me. They think that I'm just lazy and just want to stay in bed all the time. If they only knew...Now, you know how you think the most horrible things in these situations? I just wonder how they would handle it if I could share this with them? Thanks for the comment and support!!! I hope that you get what you're looking for in court. I'll keep you in my prayers. Do you have a date for that yet?

07/07/2008 03:15 PM
bisja

lyssandes so sorry to hear your feeling crappy I can sure relate to it right now, just can't seem to get on my feet well not for long anyway by 2pm this most intence exhaustion hits me then I get emotional sometimes panicky right now got the chills then sweat chills then sweat anyone else do that? My hubby and son have not been feeling great either which is making me wonder if we picked up a bug going around problem for me is I really never know if its this rotten virus or something else or both how do you know?

I totaly understand family things my inlaws were here after Genes last stent, had to make sure to let me know that my house was not want they think it should be comments here and there blah blah blah but it really does not help you feel any better thats for sure.

FibroAngel good luck in court I hope you win.

will keep you all in my ptayers.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved