MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/16/2012 09:06 PM

Introduction(page 3)

Lovesaves

I do have a sister that understands how hard this is because of our family history with schizophrenia and she is around savannah all the time and sees how she can change from one min to the other.

03/16/2012 09:11 PM
mem4302

My daughter's first "episode" almost cost her her life. That's how I found out what was going on. I could see her trembling and she burst into tears and kept screaming that she could see her dad. I was looking at her and I could tell she thought she was looking and hearing someone talking to her. That's when I rushed her to the hospital for the first time. It took 6 months to get a confirmed diagnoses of cs, along with many hospitalizations.

03/16/2012 09:24 PM
Lovesaves

I didn't take her to the hospital because I didn't think they would do anything. I did call first 5 and they are coming out to observe her for 2 hrs. I use to take her to her doc all the time and they didn't do anything and she did get have the Inland Regional center working with her. Honestly, the past year I had given up on anyone helping her. I felt like I was never going to have anyone understand.

03/16/2012 09:30 PM
Lovesaves

What kind of trauma caused it to set in? I know Savannah not having the right oxygen level for an hr could cause some kind of trauma to the brain

03/16/2012 09:30 PM
mem4302

Post edited by: bestillmyheart, at: 03/16/2012 09:55 PM

03/16/2012 09:47 PM
mem4302

Do you have any support wherever you live?

03/16/2012 09:55 PM
Lovesaves

The doctors have not been very helpful. They were ok with telling me she had seizure because my son has them. She had a 3 day eeg and they said she doesn't have seizures and pulled her off the medication they put her on. I have a very supportive husband and a supportive sister

03/16/2012 09:56 PM
mem4302

When my daughter's first episode happened, we were in the barn up in the hayloft. She thought her dad was coming after her and she tried to run away from him and just about fell off of the hayloft, down to the cement floor 15 feet down, which would have killed her. I just happened to turn around to see why she was crying and not her normal self, when I saw her headed for the edge, so I grabbed her just in time. I held her in my arms for awhile and she was just terrified. She kept screaming, "no daddy no!" She would scream and cry bloody murder and just fought with me. I had a family member drive us to the hospital while I held her down in the back seat because she wouldn't sit still in her car seat. We rushed her to the hospital and she was admitted into the psych ward. She stayed there for 72 hours and was released. They didn't know what was wrong with her because she shut down and wouldn't say anything, so they thought she was faking it for attention. When it happened again, they saw it in the hospital and they admitted her for 2 weeks.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved