MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/04/2012 06:21 AM

Hello!

Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

I am checking in to say hi, and also to let everybody know about the new Agorphobic dealing with PTSD support group! I know first hand how childhood abuse can lead to PTSD and/or Agorphobia.......so please don't leave here if it's helping, but it does no harm to belong to both places!

04/04/2012 06:57 AM
ange2009
ange2009  
VIP Member

i am belonging to bipolar,SBS,with is child abuse,I have posted a few discussions...an no reply?

I would like someone to read my posts,and comment on them.

It is important to me to get answers.

04/04/2012 09:40 AM
yellowroze
yellowroze  

hiya ange, what's sbs? sorry you haven't been getting responses, i do my best to comment on them.

04/04/2012 11:00 AM
ange2009
ange2009  
VIP Member

shaken baby syndrom..the 3rd week of april is child abuse prevention week.

5 children per day die from child abuse..babies who survive SBS have a life of disabilities,we have to be their voice,and their legs.

please read my posts,,i need more support..in order to support more.

i am in my 60 s ,and my life is now preventing child abuse with awareness,and help support the survivors of this trajedy.I created a foundation for thoses reasons,

i am involved in bipolar group as well,my son is in prison for hurting my sweet grandson.he has been diagnosed with bipolar,he is 30 years old,and had been self medicating with drugs and alcohol..then his baby cried..and here we are now.

I believe it is not just my cause,it is for all of us a reality that we have to accept.

thank you yellowroze for asking,you are the first one...

04/04/2012 07:49 PM
yellowroze
yellowroze  

i'm very sorry to hear about both your grandson and your son as well. it sounds like your son's suffering caused your grandson so suffer. unfortunately if we go untreated things like that happen. it's just horrible. i've always been so afraid of doing something dreadful to my daughter.

i was raped and got pregnant with her...not to mention i was molested as a child and have been through a myriad of other types of abuse since childhood. i'm also so afraid that i'm gong to hurt her. tho, i have gotten a lot better then i use to be thanks to DBT therapy.

04/05/2012 01:20 PM
ange2009
ange2009  
VIP Member

how old is your daughter?please,dont hurt her,write to me,PM me anytime,i am on mdj twice a day.do you have family,or friends?

take good care.i am thinking about you.

04/06/2012 10:00 AM
yellowroze
yellowroze  

my daughter is 8. i'm in no danger of hurting her anymore, unless my bpd gets out of hand again. but i'm working hard at not letting it. i live 10 hours away from my friends and family back home..i have 2 somewhat good friends here where i live.

04/09/2012 10:49 AM
Liveforlife
LiveforlifePosts: 24

That's really amazing! Have you tried going through DBT (Dialectic Behavioural Therapy) It can really help people who have BPD.

I send my blessings.

Also have you considered talking to your daughter about what's been happening. A few years ago my dad would go through violent spells (sober mind you) and he would hit me. I never knew it was wrong, I never knew how it affected me, I never knew it'd make me hate him so much. Had he talked about it with me... things might have been better. We still talk but we can only love from afar. Maybe you should talk to her about it. Help clear things up and explain to her what you've been going through.

Good luck and great job on the improvement! You are strong!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved