MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/05/2012 06:19 PM

Reality setting in.

skrc2012

Sad Hi everyone, I am new to this whole thing and actually thought this might help me out rather then feeling alone with this. I knew there was a chance that I could have CMT pretty bad when I was younger because my mom, brother, sister have it for sure. I am going new week to be diagnosed with it and it actually took me a long time to realize that I needed to get it done. Just recently I started looking it up and seeing the things my body would go through and I noticed I am experiencing a lot of the symptoms or whatever you call it. I have a high arch, my knees, legs, arms, wrists, forearms and ankles hurt all the time. I have gained quite a bit of weight since I have moved to Texas and I cannot get it off. I eat right but that alone doesn't help so i try working out. I can't walk long distances without feeling like my ankles are going to break right off so I started using the eliptical machine... Well that works great but I suffer after. My body is in so much pain when I am through using it I don't sleep for days after. I am on naurotin but it makes me very sleepy so honesly i don't know what to do any more. I thought about getting lap band OR gastric bypass but I am not considered obease technically. Has anyone heard of a naurolgist approving a procedure like this for people with CMT???

I don't know what else to do =(

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved