MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/01/2012 11:12 PM

9yr. uterin cancer survivor

ladycatt12

Thank GOD, im a cancer survivor for 9 years, i also was diagnosed with cervical cancer that had spreaded to my uterus in no time.my DR. said that because of early diagnosis & keeping up with my paps i was able to get through what could ve been very deadly. i had to receive a hysterectomy of course but no chemotherapy or radiation, & Thank God, my children were both adults, at the time i was47 yrs old, but i am so glad i kept a check on myself, & got my papsmears regularly. i ll tell any woman, please get your yrly papsmears, i do know of some close people that are not living today because of cervical or uterine cancer cause there wasnt anything the DR. could do, cause they waited to long to get help.

03/03/2012 09:10 AM
Kendassa

Sadly, cervical cancer is one of the most treatable ones and the main reason it doesn't get caught in time is because people put off getting their paps for whatever reasons. Congrats on beating Cancer. You have been cancer free longer than my most recent kidney transplant has worked Smile

I had my first abnormal pap a few years ago, and the precancerous cells frozen off my cervix. In January of this year, I had a conization, after the biopsy showed squamous cell carcinoma. Although he was able to get it all, a hysterectomy is recommended because of my immunosupression medication, the cancer will come back again. So I came back to GA to be near my transplant doctors and a surgeon they recommend to try to protect my kidney since it is in the abdomen/pelvic region.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved