MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/18/2010 08:29 PM

Bleeding after Sex 8 Weeks after Leep

mhoobler
mhooblerPosts: 56

Hi Everyone

I had a LEEP about two months ago with a couple of complications (a small infection that was cleared up by antibiotics and a lot of cramping) and I'm still spotting. A lot after sex, but it's been consistent for over a week now. This was my second LEEP, and I didn't have anything like this happen with the first one.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance,

Melissa

04/19/2010 05:40 AM
kali31
kali31  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Melissa,

Please contact your doctor. It may well be a late period A period can be more heavy after a LEEP, but it could also be a sign of some problem too, like an infection. It is always better to be safe than sorry.

Take care,

Julie

07/02/2010 11:34 AM
Heather1974
Heather1974  

I was just going to post the EXACT same situation. I had a Leep 8 years ago, didn't have a problem afterwards, even had two kids. Well, I had my second LEEP 9 weeks ago, cin 2 and 3. After the first week I got an infection, that was cleared up with antibiotics. About a month later I had some bleeding and brown discharge so I went to the Doctor. They said I was healing fine but threw some antibiotics at me just in case. Bleeding stopped for a while and then 3 days ago here we go again. Went back to doctor and she said my cervix was extremely sensitive and it started bleeding and she just barely touched it. But there was no more scabbing and everything looked fine. Again, antibiotics..... AGH I am with you girl. I have been googling this situation for the last month and really can't find out what could be wrong. I know some people heal at different rates but this is crazy. Keep me updated on what happens with you. I will do the same if it does turn into something. So I don't have an answer but wanted to let you know how much I relate to you! Hang in there Smile

07/02/2010 02:59 PM
mhoobler
mhooblerPosts: 56

Hey heather...thanks for the message and responding to this. I'm still having bleeding and cramping issues. I go back in for more biopsies and an ECC at the end of July and will let you know the outcome. Very frustrating...all the waiting!

Welcome to the group Smile

Melissa

07/04/2010 10:13 AM
Heather1974
Heather1974  

Good luck, will think about you, def keep me posted! Smile

07/07/2010 06:57 PM
Heather1974
Heather1974  

Hey there Melissa. I just wanted to let you know what was going on over here. I went to the Doctor's office who did my Leep again last week and they swabbed me for infection,etc and it came back neg but they went ahead and threw antibiotics at me any ways, again. I still didn't feel right about that so I called my usual Doctor that did my pap and she said today that she called over there to get my paper work and they said in my file it said that I needed cultures done asap. Well, frustrating because they didn't tell me or my Doctor or ask me to come back to get it done. So I am going in Friday afternoon to my regular doctor to get some cultures done and see what's up. I have seen 3 different Doctors to find out what is going on, so just goes to show, keep going....they just pass you on like you're not important but you know your body so get as many opinions as you can. I will keep you updated. OH, I posted my issue on another board and this woman told me to look up a "friable cervix" so I did, seemed to fit with what mine was doing. But don't freak if you google because cervical cancer comes up but so many other things do to. And sometimes it's nothing at all. But I will let you know something if I find out. Talk soon girl

07/12/2010 08:33 AM
Heather1974
Heather1974  

Well, I went in on Friday and she said she was doing every culture known to man on me to figure out what might be going on. It will take about a week to get them back, so maybe this next thursday or friday. She said just like the last Doctor did, she barely touched my cervix and blood just came gushing out. eew. But I will let you know when I do.

07/16/2010 03:43 PM
Heather1974
Heather1974  

Well I just got home and had a message from my docs office on my machine saying all the cultures came back negative for any infection. So that is that? Should I be going to a real gyno because this is just my own pcp. Something still is not right. ugh

07/17/2010 03:22 PM
SarahDuncan
SarahDuncan  

Hey Honey. I had the same problem after my LEEP. After a small infection they cleared with antibiotics, six weeks later and I was still bleeding. My OBGYN said that the cervix is very vascular and that a few of my vessels hadn't cauterised properly. It took 3 attemts using silver nitrate and then some sort of paste that looked like peanut butter(mmm!) and he said if that doesn't do it they will have to put me under GA and burn it again.

If you do have some vessels that are open then every time the cervix is touched or you use the toilet (downward pressure) then the vessels wich may have clotted a little but not scabbed will just burst open again.

Hang in there Sweetie. I know it's not quite the pyjama party you were expecting but I'm sure those medical geniuses will figure it out...eventually! Wink

04/06/2014 08:13 AM
Saskie

Hi everyone...just found this discussion after encountering similar problems. I had a leep because I have a friable cervix and it has caused problems my whole adult life. I waited more than the prescribed time to have sex and it was not only uncomfortable but I bled after. Very frustrating. I'm not worried about infection but was hoping this would solve problem. My obgyn has also suggested hysterectomy.

Post edited by: Saskie, at: 04/06/2014 08:14 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved