MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/14/2008 10:05 PM

struggling to stay on the diet

katrina1

Hi,

I have just joined the group. I was diagnosed about 2 years ago. I hear of people that just accept this disease, and do great on staying on the diet.

I find this a real struggle. I go in cycles where I find this very hard to stay on, and then times I'm fine eating a gluten free diet.

08/15/2008 06:01 AM
synergyman
synergyman  

My husband and I have been gluten free, caseine free and almost sugar free for 18 months. Our LLMD said it takes about 18 months to really get the diet. Our LLMD also said if you get even just a crumb of gluten it takes 4 to 6 weeks for your body to recover.....makes you think twice before eating something with gluten on purpose. We avoid it like the plague. Our only exposure is purely by accident and that does not happen very often now that we know what questions to ask.

Good luck

Suzie

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved