MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/19/2010 06:26 AM

Which Restaurants Do You Want To See GF?(page 2)

feliciav
feliciav  

I'm with you Catbird and LaMich! Maybe that guy needs a serious dope slap right upside his old noggin'!

You're right though. People just don't get it. And they won't until if affects them or someone they love. Which is unfortunate but then again it means we just have thicker skin and we can take the heat. Not that we should HAVE to but most people just simply don't care.

Well on a brighter note....I'm going shopping at the Gluten Free Mall. Gonna buy me a whole bunch of snacks and goodies! They have a ton of good stuff!

Smile

02/19/2010 06:43 AM
Leanne63

I go to same restaurants all the time.The one most of the time, will go out of their way to make sure the food remains gf.I'm not the only one who has issues.Theres 2 restaurants in Greenfield that I can eat too.One is mexican,I've had to go from eating a fajita to eating it in a bowl.Their salsa and gaucamole are to die for.Another place in downtown Greenfield has foods which you can request in gf form.Plus the have baked goods which are gf.I eat their muffins, whoopie pies and flourless cake.The flourless cake alone is a definite food orgasm(as I describe to others,lol)

02/19/2010 06:49 AM
KJC1385
KJC1385  

La Mich...That is terrible how that jerk treated you. I doubt I would have said anything but I sure would have plenty of choice words in my head I would want to say lol.

02/19/2010 08:59 PM
LaMich

I'm so glad you guys are here to side with me. Smile It takes a bit of the sting out of a bad memory. Thanks.

02/20/2010 05:34 AM
catbird

LaMich I am always here for you to PM and rant to when ever you need to. I hope your weekend is a great one.

02/21/2010 12:52 PM
LaurieK
LaurieK  

I think I wrote before about my principal being such a jerk about her snack basket she brings around during our meetings... and the day she kept pulling out different "healthy snacks" as she called them... cheez its, rice krispie bars, granola bars, cookies, etc. etc. and she kept saying, "why can't you eat this one? Why cant you eat this one?" I wanted to say... "I no longer like you or respect you. And I would like you to move away from me! Why you are making such a big deal out of this baffles my brain."

On the restaurant note, I had really good luck at "Cheddars" last weekend. Do yall have Cheddars where you are??? I asked the waitress if they had a gluten free menu. She said, "A what??" So, I was really concerned. BUt I didn't leave. I ordered grilled catfish with a clear understanding that I wanted zero seasoning on it. And had a baked potato and broccoli. I think I got lucky with the waitress paying attention to my seasoning and condiment changes. But it was a good meal.

I wish they had a gluten free menu and from what I saw they could have several things that would be good. Lots of chicken dishes which I can't eat but most people with celiacs can.

02/21/2010 04:25 PM
LaMich

So, Cheddars it is! We'll tell them to take notes from Red Robins. They totally made up for my bad experience (exactly one week ago today). Sigh... Smile

02/21/2010 06:02 PM
Leanne63

I can understand your frustration about people being clueless.Although I gotta say, I volunteer on a group that meets monthly with parents and service providers in my area to improve mental health services for kids.In the beginning, the snacks were always stuff I couldn't eat.Last month I was asked why I never snacked on anything.I told her I can't eat any of the stuff because I have issues with gluten.Last week I had a meeting and wouldn't you know, they has stuff I could eat.I was highly surprised.The leader told me that they are thankful for me being on the board because of my experience with my son and wanted me to stay.I told her a snack would not of made me leave.But it was nice to be appreciated.

Leanne

02/21/2010 08:19 PM
LaMich

That's awesome!! Isn't it kind of sad how exciting something like that is for us? Odd that it could mean so much. I felt the same way when I went to a moms meeting (that usually never has anything I can eat) and last week, they had chocolate truffles, strawberries and cute little bananas (in addition to the usual cupcakes and glutenous treats). I was elated.

It's like "Woohoo! I get to eat too!"

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved