MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/25/2009 02:35 PM

Weather where you live

mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Hey, would you guys or girls mind telling me what your summers are like. How hot or humid does it get? My husband and I are actually thinking about relocating which would take alot not to be close to Savannah. We both have conditions that do not tolerate the heat or the cold that well, we're probably just screwed right? I'm sure everyone would want to live in a perfect temp year roundGrin

Suebaby, I noticed you are in S. Carolina, right? What can you tell me about the state? Thanks everyone, I aprreciate itSilly

Connie

05/25/2009 03:39 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Connie, I don't know what your hubby has, but as far as I'm concerned, California can't be beat for the weather. Well, Southern California. The Northern parts get very cold and can have snow.

I absolutely adore the weather here in LA. Except for July-September. That does get hot, but depending on what part of LA, it really doesn't get too miserable. You would never want to live in the valley. It's right over the hill from me and it's always at least 20 degrees hotter! It's not uncommon for them to have temps in the 100's.

Plus everyone here has ac, so the summer is bearable anyway.

Can't you take Savannah with you if you move Wink

Oh, btw, there's precious little rain here, too. Usually only in February. Sometimes a little in December and January. That's why I can't relate to everyone when the rain hits and their fm gets so much worse. Even when it rains, it's usually not that bad. Not many actual storms, either.

Plus, if you like snow it's only a short drive away to see it.

Yeah, it's really the weather that keeps us here Smile

Tina

05/26/2009 07:53 AM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Steve and I have talked about Mexico and CanadaShocked so Savannah can come with us Silly if you know what I mean.

Steve has had several heart attacks, has CFS, emphsema and a permanently collasped lung. He also has other problems like sleep apnea, back and knee problems but those I mentioned are why we have to think about the weatherSick

We have to try to stay out of the humidity but the cold winter really did us in this past year.

Also, we don't like peopleGrin that's why we live in the country. I know that sounds stupid or selfish or something bad but we really don't like crowds, traffic, etc. We also have 120 acres on a pond(our summer place) that Steve inherited and has been in the family for like 60 years. That would be very, very difficult to give up. We would probably live there but the bugs can be awful and the hospital is like 40 minutes away. Where we live now the hospital where I used to work is about 2 miles away so we have alot we have to considerUnsure

Thanks for listening.

Connie

05/26/2009 03:02 PM
aTinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Gee, Connie! That's awful! Well, if he has emphysema, I'm not sure you would want to move here. The air quality is terrible.

I thought Clint and I were the only ones who don't like people! LOL! Since you said it, I can say it, too.

That really sucks that you might give up that beautiful place.

I can't imagine a place that's going to be good for both of you. Can you become snow birds? Summer where you are and winter in S. Florida?

Hugs, Tina

05/26/2009 03:28 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

That's what we're thinking or virginia, carolina, something like that. We'll have to see, thanks though.

Connie

05/31/2009 07:40 AM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Why doesn't anyone want to help me figure out where to live Wassat Wassat

Now I know that where I live has nothing to do with my CTS but still you guys are my friends Blush so you are obligated to helpBlink Okay fine, you don't have to help me but what if you wanted to come and visit me someday, huh??? Then you'll wish you helped cuz you could have led me to your dream vacation destinationW00t W00t

Yes,I'm losing it and I'll shut up now Cool Wink I hope you all have a marvelous day W00t W00t

Connie

05/31/2009 08:04 AM
aTinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Connie, I would, but since you and hubby have such different conditions, I'm not sure you're going to be able to find a place that's good climate for both of you Sad

I'm sorry honey. Like for fibro, I would totally recommend Southern California, but since Hubby has emphysema, I don't think it would be good for him at all.

Have you asked the doctor(s)?

Tina

05/31/2009 11:20 AM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Thanks Tina, you are always so genuine and helpful. Basically I just wanted opinions or ideas and I was in a goofy mood. Docs think it would be best if we could afford the old winter/summer home. I think you already mentioned that, didn't you? We could probably pull that off if we sell our summer place and our goal would be that our primary home would be mortgage free. We'll see, we are still in the very early stages, we'd have to sell our home too and it would just be so hard to sell the summer place. We would make oodles of money though?????

Connie

05/31/2009 11:29 AM
aTinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Oodles of money is always good Wink It would suck to have to give up your summer place, though Sad

I don't envy you at all. The mere thought of moving shakes me to my very core! Ick!

Tina

05/31/2009 11:30 AM
aTinaL
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

PS: What? Us? Goofy? Yeah, right!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved