MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/17/2012 08:03 PM

supplements

kim080211

I have candida and I've been struggling w/ symtoms for 6 months. Before this I thought I was very healthy but I did struggle with losing weight. I've lost 25lbs in 6 months. I'm very sick on and off and it tends to get worse right before my period and sometimes during ovulation. I have adrenal fatigue and am usually in bed for a day or two with little energy. My nutritionist is doing a 30 day hormone panel on me. My doctors have not been very helpful. They do not know what to do with me. They tell me I'm under alot of stress. I've never been so sick in my life. I have a very sensitive system and I am wondering if anyone else does as well? If so, what supplements/herbs are you taking?

I know I'm probably low on minerals and vitamins but I have not found any that I can take. Thanks!

04/18/2012 06:02 PM
wisemom1108

Hi Kim,

I take DGL chewables 15-20 minutes before I eat, which often helps calm and soothe my stomach. Then I take Daily Essential Enzymes right before eating. Usually, I take any vitamins right after eating or after I have at least ate half of my meal to limit any stomach upset that may occur. I take a good multi-vitamin, Vitamin B Complex, 500mg Calcium and 250mg Magnesium. I am thinking about adding extra Vitamin A, C and E. As with any supplement you shouldn't start taking multiple things all at once. You may want to start with something like DGL until you get use to it, then maybe add a multi-vitamin, and go from there.

The other supplements that I take are Syntol and L-Glutamine 3x a day on an empty stomach either 1hr before or 2hrs after eating.

Mostly, my stomach issues got better after starting a Candida/Leaky Gut diet. Yeah, hormones around ovalation and right before your period can be really uncomfortable. I know I seem more nauseous and often have diarrhea before mine as well. It's good you are working with a nutritionist, they often can help you more with digestive issues than a regular physician.

Best wishes in health,

wisemom1108

04/18/2012 06:15 PM
wisemom1108

Oh Kim,

I almost forgot the Yogi herbal teas that have been helpful to me. Ginger tea seems to help upset stomachs and Throat Comfort is also very soothing to the throat, esophagus and also the stomach as well.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved