MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/09/2011 10:39 PM

new here

anonymous128

I'm very uncomfortable this, but I'm stuck. I'm 5'3 and 108 pounds, but I was used to being much smaller all my life, and unable to control my eating, I now purge daily. I have weeks where I stop, but as soon as I do it again once, I can't stop. I'm terrified people will find out. I think I'm fat and I'm terrified of gaining weight. I don't know what to do..any tips?

02/10/2011 02:21 AM
mem4809

Welcome to the group.

I know how you feel. I used to be heavier and lost a lot of weight. I am obsessed with thinness and am trying to battle that now. I have slowly gained control of my Bulimia through therapy and by seeing a dietician. They both helped with behavioural techniques to help prevent me from bingeing--which always led to purging. I now prepare all meals ahead of time and don't spend much time in the kitchen. I also preplan and proportion things out and write it down in advance--making sure I avoid trigger foods. Slowly I introduced some small amounts of trigger foods into my diet, but then I eliminated them when i sort of started restricting again. But after 15 years of horrible severe Bulimia I only B/P about 6 times a year now. I feel so awful when I do it that it helps deter me from following through with thoughts of it. Sometimes I still plan binges in my head but then I think of how awful I felt afterwards and can control it.

Janna

02/10/2011 03:09 PM
CrazyCat
CrazyCat  

Welcome! Tips don't know except an eating disorder tells us we are not thin enough, control, etc... I would say the first thing is to get some help from a friend and professional. The more we keep ED a secret the more power it has over us. I don't know if weight is the issue, in most cases ED gives us a reason not to focus on other issues. Does any of this sound like what is going on? Have you ever sought help? It is a big step but a very important one when dealing with ED. Another step is getting a nutritionist to help with refeedng process and a good meal plan to follow.

Keep posting, we are all here to help each other.

04/15/2011 12:06 AM
anonymous128

Thank you for responding. I have sought help previously, but nothing really seemed to help. I'm terrified of gaining any kind of weight, but I don't have the willpower not to eat. I really like the idea of seeking the help of a dietician. Thank you so much

04/15/2011 02:13 AM
mem4809

Good luck! Keep posting and let us know how it goes. We are here to support you with every step!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved