MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/30/2009 04:31 PM

there is 2 extremes going on with me.

itsam
itsamPosts: 19

either i binge and purge to the extreme, or i have days like today where im shaking because ive only had 400 calories and ran 45 minutes on a tredmill. theres no in between, honestly though as sick as it seems im so proud of myself for today. the fact that i had so much restraint makes me so happy. i know its not good but at the same time i think its awesome. i cant seem to make a happy medium.

11/30/2009 04:53 PM
jebsmom86
jebsmom86  

That's pretty typical of bulimic behavior. It's all about feeling in control of our weight because we feel out of control in other areas of our life. Do you know where it is that you feel out of control? Or what feelings or thoughts are triggering your disease? I must sound like a broken record because I ask about emotions alot but that's what causes our disease so it's important to work at discovering what those are.

Post edited by: jebsmom86, at: 11/30/2009 04:55 PM

12/02/2009 01:39 PM
AlysonViv

Itsam, I know that exact feeling! When I eat very little, work out, and have that empty feeling in my stomach, I feel powerful. Finding a medium would be healthier, of course. This isn't a very helpful post. Just letting you know that I completely understand the feeling.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved