MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/22/2010 06:52 AM

6 yr. old niece has a brain tumor(page 2)

jess998
jess998  

Thanks for the update on your niece. I hope everything goes well at her appointment.

04/24/2010 08:46 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
VIP Member

Melia update, Committee decided to wait 6 wks. before doing another mri, and will check then to see if it has continued to grow and also if her eyesight has deteriated further. If is has, they will start chemo at that time. The wait is making me apprehensive, don't know their thinking, but can only hope they know what they are doing.

04/24/2010 07:18 PM
jess998
jess998  

The waiting is the worst part for me, too. They are kind of doing the same thing with my dad right now. The only thing I can say is that by waiting, they can get a much better idea of the speed the tumor is growing. They can customize her treatment based on that. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

04/25/2010 02:03 AM
jessicaharris9

I agree waiting is the worst part, but it does aid in knowing more, good luck! My gamma knife is scheduled May 6th! ahh, the road to recovery.... hopefully.... this time... ugh...

jessi

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved