MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/19/2011 04:34 AM

What makes May so special?(page 2)

ApRiLGeTsAngry77

Tv I am sorry that May has not been a good month to you. It sure hurts when you get a paycut and can no longer do the things you enjoy. I lost my mom a week ago so I can't say this has been the best May but I am trying to focus on the positive. Oh and in case you all didn't know, my middle name is May! Silly

05/19/2011 06:31 AM
tvz309

April, I am sorry to hear about your mother. I know that nothing I am dealing with compares to losing a loved one. Good on you for staying positive. I should try more.

05/19/2011 01:32 PM
peaches261
peaches261  
Group Leader

Tvz, even when things in life for lack of a better word "suck", it still in my opinion makes things better to try to think in a positive manner. It was suggested to me by my old therapist that when I'm feeling that way I should make a list of the things I'm grateful for; even the tiniest things. It helps remind me that even when things seem really bad there are always small things that are good. Even if it's something as small as the ability to cook good meals, a smile from a stranger that day, or a sunny day.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved