MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/18/2010 11:09 AM

Hello everyohe

abailey1981

Hey I'm Nas and well I was told that I suffer from bpd and well I'm not sure how to seek proper treatment and not really sure if there is much hope. I feel like I've been dealing with it all my life and well I just want to get off the roller coaster and live what normally I can. I guess I wanted to just talk to somebody maybe see some hope in it all. There is so much that I want to do with my life but I feel at a stand still like I just can't get motivated passed the self destruction, it be help to find some help for my family too I'm not the easiest person to get along with or deal with. I want to feel worth living and not worth dying everyday. I'm rambling but its just that I'm at my ends wit with looking for help and just wanting to feel better.

07/18/2010 11:38 AM
smithan265
smithan265Posts: 30

Hello Nas,

I am sorry you are feeling this way.I know how it feels. I am not an expert on BPD, having been diagnosed only recently myself.I am still feeling my way with it.

Give yourself a bit of time to take it all in.Do not be hard on yourself. At least you know what you are dealing with.

A man suffering from Bipolar Depression told me that recovery was like being in a dark corridor.As he passed along the corridor, a door opened and some light came into the dark corridor.The more he passed along the corridor, the more doors opened and the more light came in.I have been struggling for the past 5 years in particular.But doors have opened along the way and I have managed to achieve stuff I wanted to.There have also been setbacks.But thats part of the journey.

I have felt a lot of kindness here and it is nice to know you are not the only one feeling difficult emotions.

I just want to say welcome and look after yourself.

07/18/2010 12:23 PM
abailey1981

thanks for the reply and warm welcome, I really appreciate it and it is nice to know that even though I might be alone Im not lonely in this situation

07/18/2010 04:03 PM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

Abailey, welcome! Just make yourself at home here and hopefully you'll soon be able to feel a bit of hope in your future. There actually is a support group for your family and I'll have to do a quick search for it and post it for you. There aren't many members there, but maybe in time there'll be people who will drop by and they'll have someone to talk to.

Once you start reading the posts, you'll see that some meds have helped some people. Others have had success with dbt. Still others go to counseling, etc. It doesn't seem like the exact same things work for everyone, but we all (those of us here) seem to improve throughout time!

Smithan, I like what you said about the little bit of light coming in and more as you go down the corridor. I'll have to remember that when I'm going through a dark time in my life.

07/18/2010 04:06 PM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

07/19/2010 10:12 AM
venusenvynyc
venusenvynyc  

Hi and welcome, Nas! You are most definitely not alone. I was diagnosed many years ago, and by now have actually progressed to the point where I no longer meet the criteria for borderline. It's not perfect for me (or anybody else!), but things have gotten so much better than I could have imagined 5 or 6 years ago.

If you're looking into treatment options, I highly recommend that you look into Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT). It was designed specifically with people with BPD in mind, and has helped a lot of people, including me. It can be a little hard to find DBT therapists, so another good option is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). CBT is one of the elements of DBT, so that can also be very helpful.

Things will get better, and in the meantime, welcome to the group!

07/20/2010 09:52 AM
abailey1981

thank you for your help and response, I will look into the group you sent me for the family suupport and I like to thank you for the warm welcome and sharing

07/20/2010 09:54 AM
abailey1981

I also wanted to say thanks for the info on dbt, I'm trying to find a play in philly where I could seek treatment in that direction

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved